Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

Orchard Graduation

I received my first credit card in Aug 2007 which was a secured card from Orchard(500 CL).  Since then I have opened a BOA unsecured account(01/08) which has a 3200 CL and I was just approved for an Amex Blue last week (2500 CL).  So I'm doing good so far.

I sent an email to Orchard asking them how long does it take for a secured card to graduate to a unsecured card and the reply I received was 18 months after the account has been opened.  Does anyone have experience with this particular topic with Orchard.  Do you think it's worth it to call them and ask about it.

I don't want to close the card because it is technically my oldest account(well by only 5 months) but I don't think I should have to deal with a secured credit card anymore.

What are your thoughts?
As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)
Frequent Contributor
maxima1

Re: Orchard Graduation

Put on your best boots and kick them to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:
GOAL FOR 2010 Paying Down Debt .........653 EQ 685TU EXP???
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Opened same card in 9/07. Got a few more since. Let them go last month and am waiting for my check.
Difference of 2 months as oldest account to second oldest.
I'll live w/ it.
Just my 2 cents

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Frequent Contributor
creditdream

WOW it seems like you doing very well .:smileyhappy:
So you do not need them any more which is let them go,and get your money back .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}