Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard PC to HSBC card

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Orchard PC to HSBC card

I'm curious if anyone has ever had success with getting a PC from an Orchard card to an HSBC brand card. Thought this might be an option instead of closing my Orchard.

I feel like I saw a thread for this not that long ago, but can't seem to find it now.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Orchard PC to HSBC card

LOL, sorry don't mean to LOL but I think that would be a pipe dream.

Message 2 of 7
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Not possible right now but sometime this month, CLI and PC are suppose to resume.

Message 3 of 7
shane82388
Established Contributor

Yeah you probably saw my post a while ago... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Orchard-Bank-to-HSBC-Product-Change/td-p/1019258

I actually wrote a letter and mailed it in instead of calling...at least initally.

Let me know if this works for you, id love to give it a shot. I wanted the HSBC branded card in the first place, then settled for the Orchard one because i could only get the Secured HSBC one at the time...of course right after the Orchard bank one was approved I was being pre-approved for the HSBC one....GAHHHH!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@snowangel wrote:

I'm curious if anyone has ever had success with getting a PC from an Orchard card to an HSBC brand card. Thought this might be an option instead of closing my Orchard.

I feel like I saw a thread for this not that long ago, but can't seem to find it now.

I wrote a post a few years back about it.  I actually had a successful merger of the two with a combined limit. Many other posters had stated they (1) were not able to merger and/or (2) they were able to merge but the credit limit was decreased.  I received the total of both limits and later on a CLI. 

They send out paper work for you to fill out and then it gets reviewed - at least that is what happened when I requested it.

Message 5 of 7
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Yeah you probably saw my post a while ago... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Orchard-Bank-to-HSBC-Product-Change/td-p/1019258

I actually wrote a letter and mailed it in instead of calling...at least initally.

Let me know if this works for you, id love to give it a shot. I wanted the HSBC branded card in the first place, then settled for the Orchard one because i could only get the Secured HSBC one at the time...of course right after the Orchard bank one was approved I was being pre-approved for the HSBC one....GAHHHH!!!

Yes! This was the post.  Thanks.  I'll give them a call in a few weeks since mpx mentioned that they might be reinstating CLIs and PCs soon.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Btw, were you mailed a preapproval from HSBC or did you try for it online?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 7
shane82388
Established Contributor

I tried for the HSBC pre-approval page online. I think you have to have checking/savings or whatever with them in order to get to the page. It looks just like the Orchard Bank page actually, which makes sense i suppose.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.