Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard - Pre-qualify - hard pull?

tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Orchard - Pre-qualify - hard pull?

I read recently on this board how you could go to Orchard's web site and pre-qualify with a soft pull. So I went to the site, and sure enough, it said I could do it without a credit check. I want to get a mortgage, so I could not afford a check. I tried it and it said I qualified. I was just curious. Not sure of the date. Then on March 4 I got an email inviting me to get a card. I ignored it.

I am trying to clean up my reports and had mailed disputes to all 3 CRA's. Equifax, being the first, totally ignored what I had to say. Anyway, today I called them, and while talking to them and her telling me to get an Equifax report from Equifax, and no other 3rd party, I told her I had just pulled one from CreditCheckTotal today, and also on the 13th, when the dispute was first opened. I said I noticed that when the dispute opened it made my score fall 10 points (FAKO score), and that when it closed it went back up the 10 points. She declared that it was not caused because of the dispute in progress.

She said, what caused it was the hard pull on the 13 & 19 from Credit Keeper. I said that I had pulled my reports from CreditCheckTotal on those dates and they were soft pulls. She said, no, this is from Credit Keeper and there are two hard pulls. I said I had not applied anywhere.

Got to thinking about that and researched and found CreditKeeper is HSBC, which is also Orchard. I then remember the soft pulls a few weeks ago. So apparently they decided to later check up on me and pulled 2 hard pulls without my permission!  The report I pulled today does not show any new hard pulls, neither does it show soft pulls, it only shows your hard ones, and there were not any new ones.  What can I do if there is really hard pulls now, 2 weeks before mortgage loan? Has anyone had this happen after trying their prequalificaiton site and not accepting their offer to apply? I can't believe this happened. I first thought maybe it was my Best Buy account, but I am not late or behind, so there is no reason for them to do a hard pull on me. I owe $300 with CL of $500 and faithfully make more than minimum payment. What does everyone think about this?

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard - Pre-qualify - hard pull?

@StartinOver wrote:

Got to thinking about that and researched and found CreditKeeper is HSBC, which is also Orchard. I then remember the soft pulls a few weeks ago. So apparently they decided to later check up on me and pulled 2 hard pulls without my permission!  The report I pulled today does not show any new hard pulls, neither does it show soft pulls, it only shows your hard ones, and there were not any new ones.  What can I do if there is really hard pulls now, 2 weeks before mortgage loan? Has anyone had this happen after trying their prequalificaiton site and not accepting their offer to apply? I can't believe this happened. I first thought maybe it was my Best Buy account, but I am not late or behind, so there is no reason for them to do a hard pull on me. I owe $300 with CL of $500 and faithfully make more than minimum payment. What does everyone think about this?

I think you should take a deep, calming breath! Smiley Happy

You pulled your reports, and there were no hard pulls, correct? I'd say you had nothing to worry about. CSRs, even ones that work for the CRAs are notoriously ignorant about credit. The one thing that she said that made sense was to pull the report directly from EQ, and not a 3rd party, just to be certain. But, I'd be willing to bet that you didn't get any hard pulls for that pre-qualify check.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.