Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Scam

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Scam

I am set up with Orchard to get email statements.  They have never sent one.  I just found out they charged me a $30.00 late fee because I forgot to send a payment.  I think they are NOT sending statements on purpose to generate income.  Has anyone else had this happen.

Ray

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Scam

I've had an Orchard account, and so has DH.

I don't recall ever not receiving an e-statement.  However, I check my accounts online so that even if I did not receive a statement, I can and do still make the payments online.  Whether you get snail mail or e-mail statements, it's always best to go online and check your status.

I have had some challenges with getting e-mails from my previous mortgage holder, and I learned not to put all my trust in any type of mail statements.

The good thing about Orchard is that they're very easy to manage online.  You can schedule payments in advance, and you can pay more than your reported balance. 

Hope that's helpful.

Message 2 of 9
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ray,

Sorry to hear about your late fee.  You should call Orchard to see if they will refund that fee.  I just closed my Orchard MC this morning after having it since 2004 and it feels real good.  I never ran into the same situation as you because I always had them mail me the statments.  Dont forget you can also set up online bill pay from your bank or CU to prevent this from ever happening again.  Sometimes these people are very tricky and that is why I like to receive my statements by mail.  The banks sure dont give us discounts for helping them save paper and mailing costs.

Good Luck,

Bobby

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 3 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Your email provider may be blocking it as spam.   Check your junk folder.   Or the email you registered may be wrong.   

I get HSBC emails frequently.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get emails from them all the time also, I do NOT get statements from them that would remind me I have a balance.  I believe this is intentionally designed to drum up late charges.  My info IS correct, they are NOT blocked by my spam blocker.  They ARE thieves.

@Wolf3 wrote:

Your email provider may be blocking it as spam.   Check your junk folder.   Or the email you registered may be wrong.   

I get HSBC emails frequently.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My girlfriend recently had this problem but I caught it before it happened (late fee) I paid off her card last month, this month had the annual fee but we did not get an email or bill for this month. I usually check online every other week so I caught it in time to pay it.

Message 6 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am set up with Orchard to get email statements.  They have never sent one.  I just found out they charged me a $30.00 late fee because I forgot to send a payment.  I think they are NOT sending statements on purpose to generate income.  Has anyone else had this happen.

Ray

I can't say if that is true or not but the bottom line is we are all responsible for paying our bills on time whether we get a statement or not. I check all my accounts every day to see what is going on so there are no surprises. It just takes a few minutes.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has your provider specifically told you that they do not reject emails from HSBC's domain as junk? I have an email with my ISP and an old web email that I have had for years as a back-up. I had to switch several of my financial accounts over to my back-up email because my ISP rejects anything from them. My ISP is so bad that I cannot even email myself from my work email. Let me clarify this: It does NOT go into my junk mail folder, it is completely rejected by my ISP! I have two cards with Orchard. While I have other complaints, since I switched over to my other email, I have had no problems receiving communications from them.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.