Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard and processing time?

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard and processing time?

Well, I was approved. They just needed to verify my identity.

What card should I go for next? Cap 1? Hooters? BOA and hope to get the 99/500 offer?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 37
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

What card should I go for next? Cap 1? Hooters? BOA and hope to get the 99/500 offer?

Congrats!

I would wait. I would let that CC report. Once it reports, I would repull each FICO report to check scores and app based on the strongest score.

Message 22 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I know it's a new start now. I know this card is pretty easy to get, but months or even weeks ago, I didn't think this would be possible.

So you think I should wait?

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Hate to say I told you so .... but I told ya so Smiley Happy   Congrads on your new card.  Don't take it so lightly by saying it is easy to get because not everyone has been approved. I think you should wait, manage this card for awhile and build some history. Again congrads and use your new credit wisely.
Message 24 of 37
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know your history, but if you have 0 or 1 open revolving CCs reporting now, expect an increase of 10 points or more once the CC reports. If this helps with utilization, then expect an increase too.

Now if you have 3 or more reporting as open, then expect a decrease, with a gradual rebound in a few months.

If a new card reporting helps your FICO by an extra 10 points, then your odds go up some when apping for that next card.

My biggest regret in the beginning was apping for everything. Received several cards but was stuck with low limit cards that never went anywhere. If I had a do-over, I'd app for one, let it report, then a second and repeat and so on. I would have more prime CCs at higher limits.

Message 25 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Studen Loans do not report as revolving right?

IF AU counts, this would be three or four, including a crown jewelers. Otherwise this is my first credit card in MY name since the rebuild.

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask what credit limit they gave you?  I received the same message from them so I am just waiting on their response.  Did you call them or wait until they called you?
Message 27 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

They said it was a $300 line. I applied on 10/29, saw the processing fee posted on 11/1 (saturday) so I called on 11/3.

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Studen Loans do not report as revolving right?

IF AU counts, this would be three or four, including a crown jewelers. Otherwise this is my first credit card in MY name since the rebuild.

No, student loans are not revolving.  They're installment loans.

Congrats on your approval and for getting on the road to rebuilding!

Message 29 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I still want to tr yto get another card now, but I don't know if I should.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.