Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard and processing time?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Orchard and processing time?

congrats and treat it well!

one of the things i don't regret doing when i had a short history is not apping for a series of low limit cards (cap1 400 only) just to have them come back to haunt me the following year when big boy primes and cu's became in reach-- anyone here will tell you they're worth the wait comparatively speaking...and those oh so helpful low limit cc's look A LOT less attractive sometimes w/i just months of continued building progress. 

only do it if you are happy w/ low limits for the present and forseeable future.  if you want to end up with cards with some of the most attractive terms and benefits perhaps let this report and build for at least another 6 months and you can then revisit your apping plan.  better terms for your loans are worth a short wait now more than ever.  the other thing is more than a couple of these rebuilders showing up on your cbr can start to look pretty dodgy under manual review.  

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 31 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

More good advice and well taken

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if you have 3 accounts you should be ok, a store, low limit unsecured, secured that will grow with you(bofa secure for example). Both the store and secured will likely grow and be accounts you will keep for the long run
Message 33 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I was going to go for Target Store card and A Hooters maybe?

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:
They said it was a $300 line. I applied on 10/29, saw the processing fee posted on 11/1 (saturday) so I called on 11/3.

When you call to activate your card, use your sweetest, nicest, honey-est voice and ask for a CLI. I had originally been approved for a $300, but called on activation and got $500.

DH called to ask for a CLI on his as well, but he's more of the "be professional" type and didn't get one -- even though his scores far outweigh mine!

Use the backdoor number! You'll get one!! You'll see!! Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 37
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Will do!! Thank you!!

Message 36 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

Apparently Hooters currently has a freeze on all CLI's.  who knows for how long or what other issuers may join in this practice.  just thought i'd mention it, in case you hadn't heard about it yet-

In any case, good luck with the cli at activation!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.