Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard ... approved or not??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard ... approved or not??

Okay, just bit the *bleeping* bullet and apped at Orchard for both of us (had hubby's permission, of course!!). And now ... now, I don't know what to think. :/

For me, after doing the "pre-qualified offers" I was offered the Classic and it SAID I was approved, but THEN it said it would notify me of the approval status soon via email. I had to pay a $49 processing fee (which they said would be refunded if I wasn't approved).

For hubby, after doing the "pre-qualified offers" thingie, he was offered the Gold card and it SAID he was approved and then AGAIN said it would notify him of the approval status via email soon. Like me, he had to pay a $19 processing fee (his was lower, of course).

So .. does that mean we're approved or not?? Damnit. Now I'm going to be up all *bleeping* night wondering!!! Smiley Mad

BTW, hubby's scores have gone up (I think a few accounts aged and we've made more payments on already current accounts -- though they were late as recently as April). His middle is now 597 (EX, the ugliest one we had at first!).
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard ... approved or not??

Okay, went back and did the "check application status" thingie and it said we're both approved and that "they are validating our funding" for the processing fee and that our "cards will be sent in 10-14 days."

Am SO hoping that these TLs and the CJ TLs we got earlier today will net us a BoA 99/500 SOON!!!

YIPPEEEE!!!

Any advice on handling Orchard vis a vis CLIs and such? Pay in full each month, or keep a small balance??

Any advice MORE than welcomed!!!
Message 2 of 15
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, Wonderin!

I did the preapproval for DH and it gave him the 19 app fee. I haven't gone through with the app yet. I really just want to get it so that it can report ASAP because he doesn't have a cc reporting. But others are saying that Orchard takes a long time to report so I'm not sure I want to do it.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, in our case, it's better'n nothin'! Even if it takes a month ... two months ... three months (Okay, THAT'S pushing it!!). It's still better than stagnating!!

Frankly, I'm surprised I qualified. My scores are lower than DHs by a country mile (only active credit is an installment loan we were late on 4 times in the last 2 years). As of last month, my mid score was 570-something (lowest was EX at 528, highest was TU at 590).

I'm foaming at the bit to pull all of our scores ... but I'm trying to wait until I KNOW the other two (EQ, TU) have updated. So far, only EX has updated for June's payments. Good thing I'm blowing $15 month (for hubby -- his credit is the most important cause it's more complicated) for TrueCredit monitoring!! :/

How do YOU keep yourself from pulling every other day?? **bleep**, that's HARD!!
Message 4 of 15
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I don't / can't pull everyday because my bank account doesn't allow me to. That is the only way, otherwise I would spend a small fortune. I have CCT and try to make myself satisfied with looking at the Fako's. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here ... but the temptation!!! Oh!!

I think I've spent more on the scores, monitoring, stamps, ink and paper (for GWs and PFDs) than I spent on the collections and charge-offs in the first place!!

Last month, I think I spent about $60 ... and I think I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt. :/

Mainly it was all spent checking our scores when I was SURE our car loan updated (only to find out it DIDN'T and I wasted the $$). That's why I did TC. $15/month for TC, $16 (combined) for SW, with occasional score pulls is much different and cheaper than 6-8 scores a month @ $12 a pop.

Those score pulls add UP!!! :/
Message 6 of 15
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Good Evening to you Wonderin':

I recently rcv'd my 2nd orchard card.  I also had to pay a $19 fee after it said I was approved.  Once your fees clear from your bank account, then Orchard will send the Welcome email, and, your cards will be shipped.  Whole process from the time you applied to the time that you get your cards will be about 3 wks.  Hope that helps.  Have a great night!!!
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for hollering back, you guys!!

Can I ask if you all know what constitutes a "subprime" card?? While the APR for mine is 14.9%, hubby's "Gold" is 8.9 ... is that good???

Also, does anyone know if the other CCCs will see hubby's (or mine, for that matter) Orchards as crappy and therefore carrying less "positive weight?"

Sorry for the st00pid questions!! TIA!!
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for hollering back, you guys!!

Can I ask if you all know what constitutes a "subprime" card?? While the APR for mine is 14.9%, hubby's "Gold" is 8.9 ... is that good???

Also, does anyone know if the other CCCs will see hubby's (or mine, for that matter) Orchards as crappy and therefore carrying less "positive weight?"

Sorry for the st00pid questions!! TIA!!

Congrats on getting approved!!! 6 months ago I could not even get a secured card from Orchard....Yeap I was denied...can you believe it? I was turned down for three different secured cards and about lost my mind. Then I got a crown jewelers now I have a unsecured Visa and just got approved for the Orchard gold card. Now my scores are going up every month. I hope this time next year maybe I can get something that is not subprime. BTW my dh has had a household bank card for a while and he really likes it and has not had any problems.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW they show as just Household bank on credit report....they have a lot of products including best buy cards, discover I think etc. I think it is how you handle them versus who they are through....although I do think the bigger cl you have the better. Thats why I am so happy crown jewelers is raising the cl on people....hmmmm I think I am due for a new pair of earrings for the teenager to thank CJ...Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.