Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard bank CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard bank CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get good CLI's, you need to use the card.  It's that simple.  SD'ing is about the worst thing you can do with your cards.   Notice how the OP kept around a 600.00 balance on the card with an $800.00 limit?  *HINT* *HINT*.....  They monitor that, watch your on time payments with that, make a little money off you, and will keep increasing the limit.  

Charging $10.00 here, and $5.00 there, a few times a year will get you no where.   

I opened my Capital one card 7 months ago.  It had a $300.00 starting limit.  It's already @ $1000.00

When banks see you want their card, they expect you to need the card, and want to use it.  Not put it away, and charge pennies to it.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

To get good CLI's, you need to use the card.  It's that simple.  SD'ing is about the worst thing you can do with your cards.   Notice how the OP kept around a 600.00 balance on the card with an $800.00 limit?  *HINT* *HINT*.....  They monitor that, watch your on time payments with that, make a little money off you, and will keep increasing the limit.  

Charging $10.00 here, and $5.00 there, a few times a year will get you no where.   

@I opened my Capital one card 7 months ago.  It had a $300.00 starting limit.  It's already @ $1000.00

When banks see you want their card, they expect you to need the card, and want to use it.  Not put it away, and charge pennies to it.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 33
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

@I opened my Capital one card 7 months ago.  It had a $300.00 starting limit.  It's already @ $1000.00

sounds like a lot of your CLI's were from the steps program i have had my Cap One card for 2 years 9 months, have had it up to 1950 on a 2k limit and down to 500 used to run $500-600 a month on the card multiple paymets some months because of the low limit, no real limit increases after the step program, no lates on any credit account, always paid at least double minimum payment, its a no AF with a low 11% APR so I am going to sock drawer it once I pay it down to 0 use it to pay a few recurring expenses. Until I get a PC offer.

I also have a Rewards Card, $39 AF but I put enough tholugh the card to get $75 in rewards in the first 6 months with the card, I guess I got a $250 CLI at 6 months of age but we shall see, they now have to compete with my AMEX Zync and AMEX Blue for usage. Will close the card if i Don't make at least 1.5 times the AF in rewards in any given year. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.