Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard bank CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Orchard bank CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had an Orchard card for a year now and called two days ago to see about a CLI...I specifically told the rep that if a hard inquiry was involved that I DID NOT WANT TO MOVE FORWARD!  He insisted that it was a soft pull and then told me he couldn't give me an answer and I would recieve something by mail in 7-10 days.  Today I found out that they pulled a hard inquiry on Equifax.  What can I do about this?  I WILL NOT stand for it...

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 11 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice CLI

Orchard it seems like is coming around.

Message 12 of 33
tray
Valued Contributor

I would see if there is a backdoor number for this card and try to speak with a superior agent and tell them your story I hope it gets you somewhere at least to get the inquiry itself removed as by the rep stating you will recieve a notice in 7-10 days is more likely a denial for the cli, good luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a orchard bank card for roughly 4 years,my CL started out at $300,after 2 years I asked for a CL increase and I had to pay for it they raised it to $420,keep in mind this card has a $79 dollar annual fee. Every year I call and say I'm going to cancel it and they cut the annual fee in half. Well I am calling tomorrow to cancel the card totally unless they give me a real CL and take the annual fee completely away. My credit now is far better than it was when I first applied for this card and I won't pay them a dime for an annual fee ever again. 

Message 14 of 33
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had a orchard bank card for roughly 4 years,my CL started out at $300,after 2 years I asked for a CL increase and I had to pay for it they raised it to $420,keep in mind this card has a $79 dollar annual fee. Every year I call and say I'm going to cancel it and they cut the annual fee in half. Well I am calling tomorrow to cancel the card totally unless they give me a real CL and take the annual fee completely away. My credit now is far better than it was when I first applied for this card and I won't pay them a dime for an annual fee ever again. 

amen

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just got off the phone with Orchard(HSBC Bank) after speaking with a really nice customer service rep,l told her about my extremely low limit $420 and absurd annual fee of $79 and stated that I will cancel the card if something cannot be worked out. She said I was eligble for a CL increase and promised me it was a  soft pull. I agreed to let her go through with it and bam I was approved for a whopping $100 CL increase lol. I accepted it and plan on calling again before my annual fee in April is do and basically canceling the card entirely if I cannot get a higher limit with no annual fee. She also said I should try to apply for one of their better cards but stated that my CL ceiling for the card I have she thinks is $5000. Anyways just wanted to let you guys/girls know how my phone call went,and I better not get an alert message saying it was a hard inquiry! She told me that if her computer system requested a hard inquiry she would first ask me if I wanted to go through with it,which I of course would have replied absolutely not. I've been with them since 2007 with a perfect payment history,my card is the Orchard Bank Gold card. I forgot to mention I called the backdoor number from this site and the girl was extremely pleasant as previously stated.

Message 16 of 33
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy Bam 100 bucks, that sucksSmiley Mad

Message 17 of 33
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I'm surprised Orchard says the card limits can be as high as $5000. Until this thread, I haven't heard of anyone with a limit on an Orchard card > $750.

I opened my card in Aug. 2010 and had a $500 limit on it until last month. I asked for an increase and they gave me a $100 increase, lol.

I appreciate Orchard for helping me get to where I am today credit-wise, but I'm closing the card this August. I regret letting it stay open over a year becuase my AF is so high ($79), but now that I've paid the $79 annual fee I might as well keep it open until the next fee hits.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I was surprised when she said $5000 was the CL ceiling,she didn't sound to sure of it though. I am appreciative of them giving me a chance when my credit was horrible and if it wasn't for the annual fee I would leave the card open and actually maybe even use it. I've had good luck with them cutting the annual fee in half every year when I call and say I will cancel it if they don't. I'm fortunate enough now after a long credit rebuilding journey that I just received a couple Prime cards so I really have no use for the Orchard card any longer if I'm going to continue to have to pay an annual fee. Then again if they gave me a CL of a few thousand I probably wouldn't have a problem paying them $35 a year for an annual fee...

Message 19 of 33
neverrain
New Contributor

What number are you guys calling for this?  Mine is currently $320 with $79 AF.  I've been approved for better cards already.  I called the back door number "HSBC: 866-551-0258 (Credit Analyst)" and they told me to call the number on my card.  Anymore details?  PM me if needed.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.