Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard bank Giving Credit Line Increases

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Orchard bank Giving Credit Line Increases

I called yesterday to cancel my card and they told me theyd give me and increase but they ahd to do a hard pull and nothing was guarenteed.  i ask them if the increase would be more than $1000.  As my current limit is $300, and I need at elast $1000 to justify keeping Orchard.  She apologized and said is all geerated by their computers and she couldnt tell me anything.

And she also said it was a chance they might pull all 3.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard bank Giving Credit Line Increases

@terren2000 wrote:

I called yesterday to cancel my card and they told me theyd give me and increase but they ahd to do a hard pull and nothing was guarenteed.  i ask them if the increase would be more than $1000.  As my current limit is $300, and I need at elast $1000 to justify keeping Orchard.  She apologized and said is all geerated by their computers and she couldnt tell me anything.

And she also said it was a chance they might pull all 3.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with OB. I have had my card for a year now...charged heavy (@ $300 CL) and paid to anywhere from 0-9% util...and they STILL won't give me an increase.

Here's my take on Orchard Bank: They know they have many credit builders and rebuilders over a barrel. They are typically (along with Cap1) the first sub-prime lenders to give rebuilders unsecured credit cards after credit troubles. Canceling them means setting back the clock on accounts aging in some instances, so it really is a veiled threat to tell them "OK, well, I'll just cancel my account".

I just scored a Barclays VISA with no AF, so OB is getting the sock drawer until they loosen up a bit...just my take.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.