Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard card no CLI

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Orchard card no CLI

I've been calling Orchard every six months for a soft increase with great success, until now.  This time, without pulling the account info the rep told me that Capital one had made a "business decision" not to offer any increases right now.  Sounds familiar.

I'm not really complaining; the EO got rid of my annual fee for me, but I'm sorry to see the easy increases stop.  I'm guessing this card will see nothing but socks until it becomes a Capital One product.

I assume the rest of you have the same thing going on... please let me know if you've found a workaround.

I'd close it, but I still have this twisted fantasy in which my old 300 dollar Orchard Card evolves into a World Mastercard.  There might be something wrong with me...

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: Orchard card no CLI

My opinion of Orchard is that you should NOT keep it in the sock drawer.. it's a waste of valuable space. 

It's best to be put through a cross-cut shredder and forgotten about Smiley Very Happy

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 14
londonhogfan
Contributor

This sucks. I just wrote them last week and received a call on Thursday. They said they would call back in a couple of days, but haven't heard anything yet.

Hopefully they'll still remove the yearly fee.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 3 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

@londonhogfan wrote:

This sucks. I just wrote them last week and received a call on Thursday. They said they would call back in a couple of days, but haven't heard anything yet.

Probably...  It was the EO that took off my yearly fee.  If they give you a CLI at the Orchard EO, let me know.  My call today was to the regular customer service.

Message 4 of 14
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Don't beat yourself up. I often wonder about my own wishful thinking, but honestly I am sticking it out just to see what happens to my Household Plat. Cap One did refund my annual fee and now I wait and see what happens over the next few months. Even if I canceled the card, I would always wonder what would have happen, had I waited. I think I would rather just 'hope' Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@londonhogfan wrote:

It usually takes between 3-6 days keep the faith and good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

Don't beat yourself up. I often wonder about my own wishful thinking, but honestly I am sticking it out just to see what happens to my Household Plat. Cap One did refund my annual fee and now I wait and see what happens over the next few months. Even if I canceled the card, I would always wonder what would have happen, had I waited. I think I would rather just 'hope' Smiley Wink

Worth a try, IMO...  They upgraded my Plat to a Green, so as far as I'm concerned anything could happen.

Message 7 of 14
londonhogfan
Contributor

They called me back this morning and said the same thing.

No CLI and said they couldn't perminately remove the yearly fee. I PIF and never had a late with them. He said I have about the best hisory he's seen on an orchard card, but couldn't do aything but credit last year's fee. Told me to call back in October before this yearly fee hits to see if it can be removed then.

Message 8 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

@londonhogfan wrote:

They called me back this morning and said the same thing.

No CLI and said they couldn't perminately remove the yearly fee. I PIF and never had a late with them. He said I have about the best hisory he's seen on an orchard card, but couldn't do aything but credit last year's fee. Told me to call back in October before this yearly fee hits to see if it can be removed then.

You're kidding, they won't drop the fee?  They did it for me in November.

Message 9 of 14
londonhogfan
Contributor

I told them that I knew they had been dropping the fee for others. He just came back and said they can't do it for any orchard accounts at this time. That's what I get for waiting I guess.

I had been using it quite a bit to get ready for a PC (hopefully) when everything settles, but I guess I'll sock drawer it and work on other cards for now.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.