Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard finally graduates my account.

tag
MLESPADA
Valued Member

Orchard finally graduates my account.

After 26 months and about 20 requests to graduate, they finally gave in this morning. I couldn't believe it...... specially after reading all the negative things that have been posted about their secured credit card; but considering my baddies (repo/judgment) I guess it was expected to take such a long time.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard finally graduates my account.

Great job!  Your persistence paid off!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You go. One the rise!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I must say you have great patience.  they usually lose the customer by this point!!

CONGRATS!
Message 4 of 10
MLESPADA
Valued Member

Thanks, but when you start with a 529 median score (662 as of today); that's the only thing you can have... PATIENCE!!!!
Message 5 of 10
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I have had their secured card for over a year. I requested to graduate my secured card. They told me they would have a decision in about 10 days. It will either be an un-secured card or they will lose my business since I just received 3 unsecured CC's in the last 3 months. Not bad 18months post-BK!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MLESPADA wrote:
Thanks, but when you start with a 529 median score (662 as of today); that's the only thing you can have... PATIENCE!!!!

With the 662 median score you can DEFINITELY have an unsecured account by now with no annual fee.  Have you tried WaMu?  Dont know which is your best score but they generally pull TU

Message 7 of 10
MLESPADA
Valued Member

I do have 2 unsecured credit cards (capitalone/first premier)... I know I can get better cards, but I'm getting ready to apply for a auto loan in 6 months from now (CAPITALONE maybe??? or from my CU???) and I'm in the process of having a repo taking off of my credit reports; and I'm fighting the temptation of applying for new accounts. My average age is 3 years (1 inquiry in 2 years), and my lowest score happens to be TU (622); so for now I'm just going to sit back and let my score get notched-up a couple of more points.
Message 8 of 10
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

I asked Orchard to graduate me and they told me I was approved. When the new card arrived I noticed they downgraded me from Gold. I called up and they told me it was an accident and cant seem to find a solution to this mishap. I have been talking with an account manager named Joanne for the past 5 weeks and she says she's still trying to resolve this issue.
Message 9 of 10
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I also asked them to review my account and they sent me a letter saying they couldn't do a review at this time. I politely called and closed my account. Don't need them anymore!!! At this point, you will get one shot at my business!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.