Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard->CapOne CLI Question

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Orchard->CapOne CLI Question

I understand that my account is still in process of changing from Orchard->Cap One. This may take awhile. In the meantime has ANYONE had a successful CLI request since this transistion began? I want to just close this account, it has served it's purpose but stuck at a tiny 300.00 CL, I don't want to pay another AF if this limit is somewhat permanent. I have used the card and all but this limit is too low comparatively now. I have 2 mos. to close it before the AF hits. My oldest account is 15 mos (Bofa  $1K limit).

So,

1. Anyone get more credit from their convert(ing) Orchard account since the sale to Cap One began?

2. Should I just close it already? 

Thank you for any replies

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard->CapOne CLI Question

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I understand that my account is still in process of changing from Orchard->Cap One. This may take awhile. In the meantime has ANYONE had a successful CLI request since this transistion began? I want to just close this account, it has served it's purpose but stuck at a tiny 300.00 CL, I don't want to pay another AF if this limit is somewhat permanent. I have used the card and all but this limit is too low comparatively now. I have 2 mos. to close it before the AF hits. My oldest account is 15 mos (Bofa  $1K limit).

So,

1. Anyone get more credit from their convert(ing) Orchard account since the sale to Cap One began?

Since they about to convert to CAp ....They want to keep you as a customer in a near future....

I would call them and see if they waive your AF as a first thing.....and ask them for CLI......I have both of those product but wont bother to call or contact them because i know most of the time they wont give it to me.....but its YMMV

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

So,

I'm not sure what other credit you have and you spoke of this card doing it's job so if you have MUCH better accounts and creditors then I would stick with your plan to close out and be done with the AF!

I have hit the CLI button on my Best Buy MC and it cost me HP and it was instant denial... over phone including with Capital One Exec. office I was told a CLI can't be requested at all on those so of course that makes no sense to me since it did HP

I would love to close too but they don't have AF so my as well leave them.

Message 3 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

The cards I already have include a Cap One, so I would still have a relationship with them, right? My cards:

BankAmericard $1K (was secured)
CapOne $500 (11 mos. old)
HSBC/now CapOne $300 (the one in question)
Merrick Bank $650 (9 mos. old)
First Savings MC $1K (11 mos. old)
Discover More $2K 12/2012

Fingerhut $900 (11 mos. old, it reports well lol)
Victoria's Secret $500 12/2012
Walmart (store) $700 12/2012
Amazon (store) $700 11/2012 
Macy's (store) $300 12/2012

Now that I have a decent Visa w/Bofa & a Discover account, I don't know if keeping Orchard is worth it =/

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

The cards I already have include a Cap One, so I would still have a relationship with them, right? My cards:

BankAmericard $1K (was secured)
CapOne $500 (11 mos. old)
HSBC/now CapOne $300 (the one in question)
Merrick Bank $650 (9 mos. old)
First Savings MC $1K (11 mos. old)
Discover More $2K 12/2012

Fingerhut $900 (11 mos. old, it reports well lol)
Victoria's Secret $500 12/2012
Walmart (store) $700 12/2012
Amazon (store) $700 11/2012 
Macy's (store) $300 12/2012

Now that I have a decent Visa w/Bofa & a Discover account, I don't know if keeping Orchard is worth it =/

CLOSE!

Now that other Cap1 that you got credit steps on if you don't see an increase by calling or emailing exec office i would close that too!

isn't the first savings secured or thinking different bank?

also Merrick I would slice them too.

the new GE cards will grow and grow nicely most likely if you keep doing the other good things on your credit.

Message 5 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

No, First Savings Credit Card is not secured, BUT they came with a hefty 75$ AF AND 35.99% APR with an opening $750.00 CL that was auto CLI to $1K 9 mos. after opening. (I searched the forums and don't remember seeing anyone else having this card!) I have used it 3 times & PIF before interest hit, It was my highest CL before my BofA graduated & I got my Discover. I am going to try to get that AF waived too. This was a per-approved mailing I responded too.

*pre-approved mailing

Message 6 of 11
mikeinak
Established Member

I just closed mine 2 days ago.  I called to try to get rid of the AF. They read their script and offered the AF for $19.  I asked for a CLI and they said not at this time. I ended up closing it.  Last week, I was approved for an AMEX TE and Freedom.  The orchard had served it's purpose and an AF just wasn't worth keeping it any longer. I would of kept it if they dropped the fee.

Message 7 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I am going to call & request a CLI, if no (which I suspect is the case), fee waived? NO? Closed.

Message 8 of 11
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Ok just checked and my AF is scheduled for FEB13, I was hoping my Discover would actually report before I call, it hasn't yet but I've read may not in time for the AF on this account... does it matter?

Message 9 of 11
mikeinak
Established Member

The Card Act says even if you get hit with the AF, you have 30 days to cancel and they have to refund.   Also I belive Cap1 does HPs for customer initiated CLI's.  I would just wait till Feb.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.