Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard h*ll has frozen over

tag
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Orchard h*ll has frozen over

"We are pleased to inform you that your diligence and hard work have made a difference.  Based on your excellent credit history with us, we have upgraded your Orchard Bank Credit Card Account to unsecured status"

Followed a credit line increase.

Amazing!  Now I mail the form back, and they give me money!  Perfect timing with the Christmas season here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard h*ll has frozen over

How long did it take?

Congratulations, BTW!

Message 2 of 7
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

I believe I opened the account in January of 2007.  So 3.90 years!

Thanks for the congrats!

Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats as well, did you get this at statement date or some other time during the month?

Message 4 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations for you, it seems you really deserved it as HSBK had you waiting so long, this bank really needs to step up to the plate in a early manner when it comes to recognizing good customers in regards to this situation and also with their lag on giving out cli's.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 7
jnydc
Contributor

Congrats.  I wonder what your limit was, and what it has become after the graduation. 

I often wonder as I look at this blog,  is it worth it to get a secured with 2 cents over lunch money as a limit - as I see some people do.  When it graduates you have what I feel is a crappy unsecured card.  Or maybe that is just for people who can't get an unsecured at all.

Ofcourse the other question would be will it take equally as long to graduate if you have a lot of money in it?

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnydc wrote:

Congrats.  I wonder what your limit was, and what it has become after the graduation. 

I often wonder as I look at this blog,  is it worth it to get a secured with 2 cents over lunch money as a limit - as I see some people do.  When it graduates you have what I feel is a crappy unsecured card.  Or maybe that is just for people who can't get an unsecured at all.

Ofcourse the other question would be will it take equally as long to graduate if you have a lot of money in it?

Some folks don't have a lot of cash available so they may have smaller available limits with an unsecured card.  It will still serve them well through the rebuilding process.  Of course, if you have cash available, it's helpful to have a larger limit unsecured - but certainly not necessary.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.