Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard just pulled a fast one on me - BEWARE

tag
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

Orchard just pulled a fast one on me - BEWARE

I went on Orchard and started the "unique pre-qualified' process.

Got pre approved for  the Orchard Classic Visa Card, so I went a head and accepted the terms.

Lo and behold, DENIED - Why ? Because I recently opened a new account with Orchard.

Yes, I know that.(I opened my 1st account 6 months ago)  But, so did the system. So why the smoke screen of pre- qualified?

I checked their system back in November to get a feel for and I was only "pre approved" for a secured card. So, this is not just a soft pull credit picure.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Orchard just pulled a fast one on me - BEWARE

Wow...that sucks.  Sorry to hear they pulled the rug out from under you like that.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry that happened to you.

For myself, I figured it was all a game.  I'd ALWAYS get pre-approved for the secure, not so often for the unsecured -- in the same day.  I wondered if they just rotated cards willy nilly.  Final straw was finally get that pre-approval for the unsecured, and then clicking to apply -- only to have the SECURED application come up.  Uh, no thank you.

Orchard is great for a rebuilder.   Should I have to go bankrupt in the future, it's on my list.  But not as a card to grow with, or add when one isn't rebuilding.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to wait 18 months prior to requesting another card from them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.