Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard questions

My STBDH recently got an Orchard card. He called to activate it, then a few hours later they called and said the had a few "security" questions for him

Mothers maiden name
Full SS#
Verified CARS he had owned in the past

It has been a long time since I've delt with CCC's, but this still seems odd!

I did call to verify it was actually them, but something still seems off.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard questions

Happens to me all the time Astrid, when applying for new cards.

Ewwwww, did I say all the time? Sleigh Center, reserve me a room please.

Seriously, I'm seeing it more and more. IMO, it's a security thing.

And those "security questions" (what town were you born in, etc,etc,etc) I know that my accounts with: Juniper, GEMb, BoA, WFNNB, Applied Bank, all have asked me those type questions when registering at their website. And I'm sure there are a lot more companies doing the same.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had this happen, but it could be some kind of new security thing. Given the current climate, however, if a company did that to me, I'd ask for a callback number, call the general CC customer service number and confirm the company is now indeed doing this additional check upon activation, then call the first person back to answer their questions.

I'd never reply if these questions came by email, so why would I do it on the phone?

Message 3 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Yeah Identy theft,,, especially around this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No worries. 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was app'ing with Amex last month, they asked me all sorts of questions.  They even asked me "who is so & so?"  I responded that "so & so is my sister-in-law."  I couldn't believe they connected my younger brother's wife (they've been married less than 2 years) to me!

When you think about it too long, it is scary how much these people know about you.  Big Brother is definitely watching you and making notations in your "credit file"... for security purposes, of course.  Smiley Surprised
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should clarify from my earlier comment.

Those questions were ONLY asked of me when registering online with the ccc.

Never, ever give your ssn to someone who calls you. Chances are they are looking to steal your identity. No matter who it is, for ANY reason.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.