Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard to Captial One Transition

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Orchard to Captial One Transition

Anyone hear anything on this?  I expected it to be slow going but ....wow... beyond slow and nothing for a long time from them.  I've been holding on to this rebuilder for nothing but to see what happens when the card is converted.  I expect nothing great but wouldn't it be nice if they determine your new account options based on your credit profile.  I have noticed that Captial One has been SP'ing my EQ report near monthly these last few months but no aciton yet on the transition.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard to Captial One Transition

Is there a reason you're not going for prime cards?  Your scores suggest you'd be approved for a few...

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Is there a reason you're not going for prime cards?  Your scores suggest you'd be approved for a few...

Hey Omaplatypus!   I do have prime with pretty decent limits. Smiley Happy. I also have this card still from my rebuilding days.  Never have to pay a AF so no reason to close it.  Reapplying for a CapOne card is out of the question for me for a couple of reason:  3 HPs- New TL- don't need any more cards, etc...   I'm kinda intrigued by the prospects of how CapOne will handle the conversion of these Orchard cards to CapOne cards.  I suspect it will be converted to their rebuilder equivalent but I'm hoping for the Venture Card offer.  We'll see. Smiley Happy.  if they give me a rebuilder, I'll probably end up closing it if there is an AF.  

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

I know my best buiy card is now admistrated by Capital One but I can not access that card on the capital one site as far as I know same with Orchard cards, they will still be kept seperately

Message 5 of 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I know my best buiy card is now administrated by Capital One but I can not access that card on the capital one site as far as I know same with Orchard cards, they will still be kept separately

+1

Everything about your card may remain the same.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 9
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey Omaplatypus!   I do have prime with pretty decent limits. Smiley Happy. I also have this card still from my rebuilding days.  Never have to pay a AF so no reason to close it.  Reapplying for a CapOne card is out of the question for me for a couple of reason:  3 HPs- New TL- don't need any more cards, etc...   I'm kinda intrigued by the prospects of how CapOne will handle the conversion of these Orchard cards to CapOne cards.  I suspect it will be converted to their rebuilder equivalent but I'm hoping for the Venture Card offer.  We'll see. Smiley Happy.  if they give me a rebuilder, I'll probably end up closing it if there is an AF.  

I gave Capital One a few months before closing my Orchard Platinum card with a $2,000 limit and no annual fee. I had two Capital One builder cards (with toy limits) a few years back and they never grew with me so I ended up closing those as well. I suspect they will continue with the same business model on all builder cards.

Message 7 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

+1

They're not going to go where you want. Either you start well with them, or you wait for many years to get close to your wants/needs(Cap1 reference).

When I called to cxl the OB, I was pushed up the ladder of communication towards an english proficient acct manager, and they did the normal "lower apr," and "reduce AF," but I said that's useless, and probably made her choke on her coffee, when I told her I want 3k here, and now, or close it.

She told me to keep it open for reporting purposes (since my AF was around the corner). Once I "reminded" her about the ten year reporting, she kinda shut up a little, then I made a comment about an APR reduction being a joke, as I don't carry balances.

It did it's job.

Message 8 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

HaHa- I know you are probably right but I'm going to wait it out anyway and see what happens.  I sent a PM to Orchards CS department after this original post and got the regular response that purchases like this take time and eventually they will convert to the CapOne logo cards.  No time frame.  Since this TL means nothing to me, I'm going to try and strong arm them into the card I want when they convert the accounts.    Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.