Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard vs Capital One

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Orchard vs Capital One

A choice between CapOne and Orchard? I'd choose Orchard.

I've had both CCs. My CapOne started at $500 I believe and increased to $1000 over the first year via Credit Steps. However, that was over 2 years ago and it still sits there at $1000. The odds of getting that $1000 to budge are slim to none. They don't do manual CLIs and there was a rarity of CLIs recently, but I never felt any love. They also pull each report in the approval process which really isn't worth the $1000 in hindsight.

My Orchard was a partially secured card ($500/$600) and they also have a reputation of not increasing. I tried in vain to get them to unsecure but no luck. But it seems recently that they softened and there were a few success stories of them unsecuring. Now I'm not saying to get a secured, but their management must have changed somewhere and it seems like quite a few folks were getting CLIs come lately. I think you can also ask for a CLI at any time via their luv button.

In comparison, the chances of getting CLIs and having the card grow with you are better with Orchard and with less inquiries.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard vs Capital One

Cap one has been better to me.  I got my Orchard in 3/10 with a $59 AF (scores at 660) and my Cap One in 5/10 $39 AF (same scores)  A year later and my cap one is at $2250 with cash back rewards and my Orchard is still at $300 where it started.    My cap one started at $500 then went to $750 and hung out there for a few months and was increased in December to the $2250.  

My Orchard gets 2 more weeks so I can make sure everything is paid off then it gets closed.  

Cap one just sent me an offer for a $19 AF card that is waived the first year.

@llecs wrote:

A choice between CapOne and Orchard? I'd choose Orchard.

I've had both CCs. My CapOne started at $500 I believe and increased to $1000 over the first year via Credit Steps. However, that was over 2 years ago and it still sits there at $1000. The odds of getting that $1000 to budge are slim to none. They don't do manual CLIs and there was a rarity of CLIs recently, but I never felt any love. They also pull each report in the approval process which really isn't worth the $1000 in hindsight.

My Orchard was a partially secured card ($500/$600) and they also have a reputation of not increasing. I tried in vain to get them to unsecure but no luck. But it seems recently that they softened and there were a few success stories of them unsecuring. Now I'm not saying to get a secured, but their management must have changed somewhere and it seems like quite a few folks were getting CLIs come lately. I think you can also ask for a CLI at any time via their luv button.

In comparison, the chances of getting CLIs and having the card grow with you are better with Orchard and with less inquiries.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.