cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Replacement Costco Amex with Chip!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ordered Replacement Costco Amex with Chip!

I saw online they now have chip available so I called in and asked for new cards to be sent out overnight Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ordered Replacement Costco Amex with Chip!

Nice, I might have to do this myself.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 2 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:

Thats interesting , it should make my amex collection complete with all emv chips lol. I rarely use my costco amex though. Its on gas duty till i get my EDP later this month :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 11
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

Thats interesting , it should make my amex collection complete with all emv chips lol. I rarely use my costco amex though. Its on gas duty till i get my EDP later this month :-)

Right now the TE is only get used at McDonald's, Chipotle and the once a month run to Costco for TP and tissue. I just really want the chip.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

Right now the TE is only get used at McDonald's, Chipotle and the once a month run to Costco for TP and tissue.

Once EDP gets here its probably going to replace everything but dining online purchases and travel. Those categories will be on CSP duty. 

Message 5 of 11
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I saw online they now have chip available so I called in and asked for new cards to be sent out overnight Smiley Happy

Thanks for the heads-up, I just now requested mine as well Smiley Happy 

They said I should get it on Oct 23.

The rep said that with new card my costoc membership no. will also change! That is weird!!

Message 6 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Very good. since i got my cards the last two weeks. they both came with Emv already. i was surprised. and i noticed. everytime i use amex now. they always ask me for my billing zipcode.

even in store. Wth???

is that supposed to be the chip and pin way of doing things??

not sure. no sig required.

Message 7 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Very good. since i got my cards the last two weeks. they both came with Emv already. i was surprised. and i noticed. everytime i use amex now. they always ask me for my billing zipcode.

even in store. Wth???

is that supposed to be the chip and pin way of doing things??

not sure. no sig required.

Talking about emv chip cards i haven't found one place that lets you slide the card on the bottom for emv. Every place is like "what are you doing??!!" when i try. I actually have better luck paying with my phone NFC style then using emv chipped card. 

Message 8 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Nice!   Mine shipped new with chip in August.   I want to get a chip for my BCE.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna order these for the Wife and I.

Anyone know if they Blue Sky Preferred is EMV now too?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.