Other Discover Cards

tag
mattmix36
Contributor

Other Discover Cards

Right now I have two discover cards:
Discover More
Walmart Discover

Now that the walmart card is transitioning to MC, where can I pickup another discover card? Maybe I could get a a discover IT to go along with my discover more...if thats possible?

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Other Discover Cards

Why not PC the More to the IT ?  There is nothing the More has that the IT will not offer Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28
mattmix36
Contributor

Valid, but I would still only have one discover card if I did that

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 3 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

App for the Discover It and convert the More to the It as well, you can have more than 1 with Discover Financial.

Message 4 of 28
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

May I ask the benefit of having multiple Discover cards? I PC'ed my More into the it and I think it was a great decision for me personally.

Back on topic, I know Discover still offers some of their older cards such as the Motiva, but their reward structure isn't anything special when compared to the Discover it.

Message 5 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

May I ask the benefit of having multiple Discover cards? I PC'ed my More into the it and I think it was a great decision for me personally.

Back on topic, I know Discover still offers some of their older cards such as the Motiva, but their reward structure isn't anything special when compared to the Discover it.

As far as 2 It cards from Discover Financial = double 5% spending capacity.. I have other banks Discover branded cards but I never charge on them, I keep them around for 0% BT deals as their rewards are negligible.

Message 6 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Why not PC the More to the IT ?  There is nothing the More has that the IT will not offer Smiley Happy

+1 great suggestion 

OP you still only have one true Discover to be honest 

The Walmart just works on the Discover network it doesn't get you any rewards worthwhile 

By PC'ing to the IT you'll get the 5% categories 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 28
mattmix36
Contributor

I currently get the 5% categories with my Discover Financial card...it's not the IT though.

I know that the wal-mart card is not backed by GE, i just want two discover network cards to even out my wallet. Currently I have 6 Visa/6 MC/2 Amex/2 discover...just looking to keep it a level playing field

Message 8 of 28
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

+1. Just did this last week via online chat. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. 

Message 9 of 28
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@mattmix36 wrote:
I currently get the 5% categories with my Discover Financial card...it's not the IT though.

I know that the wal-mart card is not backed by GE, i just want two discover network cards to even out my wallet. Currently I have 6 Visa/6 MC/2 Amex/2 discover...just looking to keep it a level playing field

With the Discover IT you get 1% rewards from dollar one on purchases. IMHO a 5 minute call to product change from the Discover More to the Discover IT is well worth the time just to have the full 1% rather then a card that starts out at .25% on regular purchases.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.