Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Discover Cards

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Other Discover Cards

@mattmix36 wrote:
i just want two discover network cards to even out my wallet. Currently I have 6 Visa/6 MC/2 Amex/2 discover...just looking to keep it a level playing field

OK, if that is your goal.   Just understand that it may not resonate with others, so long as you have one of each network, you are covered, and then I would focus much more on the rewards of the individual cards.

Message 11 of 28
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

FYI, you can even PC via chat.

Message 12 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mattmix36 wrote:
i just want two discover network cards to even out my wallet. Currently I have 6 Visa/6 MC/2 Amex/2 discover...just looking to keep it a level playing field

OK, if that is your goal.   Just understand that it may not resonate with others, so long as you have one of each network, you are covered, and then I would focus much more on the rewards of the individual cards.

Well, there are a lot of 5% cash back cards besides the rotating category cards (discover it, chase freedom, Citi Dividend). Is there some category that you need a lot of spending cap for, that isn't available on non-rotating category cards? Home improvement, maybe?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 13 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Oh, and there are other cards available on the Discover network, bu the rewards aren't the greatest. First National Bank of Omaha Discover, Ducks Unlimited Discover, etc.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 14 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

True-value Discover from Comenity.

Ron.

Message 15 of 28
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Oh, and there are other cards available on the Discover network, bu the rewards aren't the greatest. First National Bank of Omaha Discover, Ducks Unlimited Discover, etc.

I've heard of the FNBO Discover. What is the rewards rate on it?

Message 16 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Weak 1 point per $1 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 28
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Weak 1 point per $1 

Cold sent me the link to the info page and it said it also had 5% on "qualifying purchases" but I don't know what constitutes a 5 pts/$1 versus the normal rate. Anywho, this isn't a card for me. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Weak 1 point per $1 

Cold sent me the link to the info page and it said it also had 5% on "qualifying purchases" but I don't know what constitutes a 5 pts/$1 versus the normal rate. Anywho, this isn't a card for me. Smiley Happy

If it's 5% thats new let me see if I can get you more details I have a FNBO Amex ....going to log in .....be back soon 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Weak 1 point per $1 

If it's 5% thats new let me see if I can get you more details I have a FNBO Amex ....going to log in .....be back soon 

It's tierd based on the amount of spend on the card 

1. Program member(s) (referred to in this Summary as "you" and "your") will earn rebate rewards in the form of cash back ("Rebate Rewards") based on the amount of Qualifying Credit Card Transactions (defined below) posted to your Account during each Qualification Period (defined below) as follows: 

(1).50% on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions which, when added together, do not exceed the total of $2,500; and (2) 1.00% on each Qualifying Credit Card Transaction after the $2,500 total is reached. "Qualifying Credit Card Transactions" mean authorized new purchases posted to your Account (only on or after your enrollment date in the Program), net of refunds, credits (for returned merchandise or otherwise) and disputed billing items (alternatively, Rebate Rewards may be deducted for awards based on purchases that are subsequently subject to a refund, credit or dispute). "Qualifying Credit Card Transactions" do not include: (a) annual fees, finance charges and other fees or charges posted to your Account, (b) cash received over the amount of transactions charged to your Account ("Cash Over"), cash advances (including but not limited to purchases of money orders or other cash equivalents) or special check transactions, (c) balance transfers, (d) charges for other products, services or benefits that we provide (such as credit insurance premiums), or (e) other transactions that we determine in our sole discretion not to be eligible for Qualifying Credit Card Transactions treatment. A "Qualification Period" is a period of 12 complete, consecutive Billing Cycles. The first Qualification Period will begin with the start of the first complete Billing Cycle after your Account is enrolled and will end on the last day of the 12th complete Billing Cycle. Each subsequent Qualification Period will be the period of 12 complete, consecutive Billing Cycles immediately following the prior Qualification Period. "Billing Cycle" means the interval between the days or dates of your regular periodic statements. For each new Qualification Period, you will earn Rebate Rewards on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions at the percentages and on the amounts set forth in (1) and (2) above.
  2. In addition to the percentages described in Section 1, during each Qualification Period that your Account is enrolled in the Program, you will earn an additional 4% cash back in bonus Rebate Rewards on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions made after the first $10,000 in Qualifying Credit Card Transactions that are posted to your Account, up to a maximum amount of $150. Once you have earned $150 in bonus Rebate Rewards during a Qualification Period, you will no longer earn bonus Rebate Rewards, but you will continue to earn 1.00% on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions described in Section 1 until the end of that Qualification Period.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.