Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch - That hurt!!

tag
BluMoon
New Contributor

Ouch - That hurt!!

Was giving my accounts a break while I let my Scores drift upward.  (I had a lot of activity last year)  Am looking at the Citi Dividend Platinum Select MC and an account at PSECU (for the Experion score).  My refi was completed a month ago and it just hit the CRA's.  Equifax is down 30 points for opening a new account.  That stings!  Smiley Surprised  I could still apply, but I'm going to put it off until later in the year.  Hopefully, my scores will rebound shortly.

BTW, can anyone tell me how much a CU (PSECU) impacts a credit score initially vs. a CC or are do all new accounts affect it the same intially?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Ouch - That hurt!!

Do you mean a Credit Card/LoC at PSECU, or just checking/share account?

If its the latter, then you'll just get dinged with one inquiry on Experian, no account will appear on the CRs.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 4
BluMoon
New Contributor

Just a checking account.  Great - no other penalty than a ding?

Message 3 of 4
smc733
Valued Contributor

Just a ding for the inquiry, about 3-5 points at the most usually, nbd.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.