New Contributor
BluMoon

Ouch - That hurt!!

Was giving my accounts a break while I let my Scores drift upward.  (I had a lot of activity last year)  Am looking at the Citi Dividend Platinum Select MC and an account at PSECU (for the Experion score).  My refi was completed a month ago and it just hit the CRA's.  Equifax is down 30 points for opening a new account.  That stings!  :smileysurprised:  I could still apply, but I'm going to put it off until later in the year.  Hopefully, my scores will rebound shortly.

BTW, can anyone tell me how much a CU (PSECU) impacts a credit score initially vs. a CC or are do all new accounts affect it the same intially?

Valued Contributor
smc733

Re: Ouch - That hurt!!

Do you mean a Credit Card/LoC at PSECU, or just checking/share account?

If its the latter, then you'll just get dinged with one inquiry on Experian, no account will appear on the CRs.

New Contributor
BluMoon

Just a checking account.  Great - no other penalty than a ding?

Valued Contributor
smc733

Just a ding for the inquiry, about 3-5 points at the most usually, nbd.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}