Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Nowhere...Getting A Ton of "Pre Approvals"

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Out of Nowhere...Getting A Ton of "Pre Approvals"

It's interesting to see this happen because the only 'change' in any status from the last 30+ days in my reports is a soon to be updated paid collection and what will be a CJ posted account.

So, until this happens, I cannot see what would have caused such a shift. No birthdays on accounts. The only thing I have done is purchased from MyFico, true credit and the annual credit report site. Maybe it's due to me signing up to one of those services?

Have any of you noticed any trends that lead to pre-approvals coming out of the woodwork?

Message Edited by jbh on 08-18-2008 07:06 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of Nowhere...Getting A Ton of "Pre Approvals"

Yeah. Juniper whats to give me a new card every three days. LOL
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got some denial letters coming. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 9
jbh
Established Contributor

Have you guys noticed that these come after certain activities? Such as getting a new CC account or paying off a collection?

I just find the timing to be weird since nothing new has yet my CC's yet (all I did was pay a collection 7/31, but that's not updated yet)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think that most pre-aprovals are generated after soft pulls and are score driven.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should aply for delta sky miles
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

God is watching Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My money is on TrueCredit, after I signed up with them I had a junk debt collector contact me about a bogus debt from 10 years ago. They showed up as an inquiry on my TransUnion report and when I called they gave me my "True reference #" to access my account.  The credit bureaus do work with creditors and collection agencies. They both buy lists from the credit bureaus of people that meet certain profiles. If you pay of debts, the collection agency groups can get some type of alert about it. If you are getting new credit, the other creditors can sign up to get alerts so they can target you. I have also learned to never fill out any information in any of those surveys they make you fill in when you sign up. Like how on TrueCredit they ask if you plan to buy a house, what your income is, etc. I put my income as Zero, etc.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-19-2008 09:28 AM
Message 8 of 9
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks, UPUPUP. That sounds about right.

As for applying for Delta Skymiles, I do plan to, but I need my EX to rise. It was 600 before I paid off my cc's (won't show until early Sept one card reports on the 31st)
and before CJ account hits. I figure I need to wait a bit until it's in the 650's + before I have a chance since I have a few old (4+ year) collections which might turn them off.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.