Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Wallet Verification

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Out of Wallet Verification

Something odd has happened recently when I had an 'out of wallet' verification. (The 3-4 questions you sometimes have to answer about yourself when opening a new account)

I ordered some Chase gift cards and had to go through a security check, one of the questions was where I lived when on "38th" street.  I've never, ever lived on any numbered street.  I was able to verify an old address and I just wrote it off.  Last night, when opening a new checking account, one of my out-of-wallet questions asked what city "38th" street was in.  What the heck..again not an address associated with me.  I pulled my CR's and there's no address in the history that contains "38th" street.  Anyone know whats going on here ? Should I worry ? 

All my CRs are locked and need a PIN to access.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Out of Wallet Verification

@n777ua wrote:

Something odd has happened recently when I had an 'out of wallet' verification. (The 3-4 questions you sometimes have to answer about yourself when opening a new account)

I ordered some Chase gift cards and had to go through a security check, one of the questions was where I lived when on "38th" street.  I've never, ever lived on any numbered street.  I was able to verify an old address and I just wrote it off.  Last night, when opening a new checking account, one of my out-of-wallet questions asked what city "38th" street was in.  What the heck..again not an address associated with me.  I pulled my CR's and there's no address in the history that contains "38th" street.  Anyone know whats going on here ? Should I worry ? 

All my CRs are locked and need a PIN to access.

I get these questions all of the time, but there was only one question I couldn't answer because I don't remember all of my old phone numbers.  If it doesn't apply to you, there should be an answer similar to not applicable/I have never lived here, or something to that effect.  If that option isn't listed and you have to choose something, I would double check all paper copies of the 3 CB reports to ensure there aren't any inaccuracies. 

Message 2 of 4
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I think these questions are not always from your CR.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 3 of 4
missjae
Established Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

I think these questions are not always from your CR.

You're right. I do remember an agent telling me that the information comes from various sources, including public records.  I've gotten questions pertaining to people I know.  Glad I could answer them right.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.