Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the garden :-( need guidance lol

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Out of the garden :-( need guidance lol

Well, I was lured in by a pre approval.
While I've been contemplating which lines to cut, I figured a new Bankcard could replace a card.
I got a pre approval for a Mypoints.com Visa literally within seconds of signing up! It's 0% for 6 mos and I get 2,000 pts for my first two purchases, then 19.99% after. I got a rather low $2,500 limit. Tbh, this card will prob go straight to the sockdrawer; my little credit card box won't even close any more 😳

On the chopping block for now:
Orchard Bank $1700

And are you all 100% sure closing my second oldest tradeline won't affect my aaoa?!? I will close this old OB card right now to avoid adding additional credit to my over the top credit collection 😔
And what about on CreditKarma's model? My 734 on CK is niiiice 😁

I'm prettty sure Ron said this account could be opened with a sp! So not expecting a hp!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: Out of the garden :-( need guidance lol

Credit Karma's score is pretty irrelevant... I mean, no one will look at it except you.

Message 2 of 87
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So, you got a new Visa with a $2,500 limit? Whether its a sp or not why do you need this card?
Message 3 of 87
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I know. I think they calc aaoa based on only open accounts though- which is not the case w FICO, right?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 87
myjourney
Super Contributor

As Lexie would say shaking my head

My what a difference a day makes

"Before the ERT gets called or any of the usual ba**busters start on their mission;
Be forewarned- I am in no hurry to app."

Congrats young ROFLOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 87
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

FICO uses both closed and open. 

Message 6 of 87
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I knowwwwww myjourney.
But I'm closing cards and cutting lines, I really am. I'm plotting. Haha

That was just the best looking preapproval, and if it is indeed a sp, the effect won't be too bad on my FICO.
Message 7 of 87
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Do you have more than what's in your signature?

Message 8 of 87
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I still don't understand...I thought you were shedding cc's not adding cc's

And yes, I'm shaking my head so hard it hurts!
Message 9 of 87
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Young, what dates and months are you planning to close which cards? I think it's time to get a definite plan in place. Make this your garden project for awhile instead of apping and CLI'ing. Set a goal to cut a certain amount by a certain date, then set a gardening goal. It will only benefit you in the long term!
TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 10 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.