cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the linit on my First Premier card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Over the linit on my First Premier card!

Be sure to set it up well before the due date and just check your CC account online to be sure! Atleast for the first few payments, so you can be sure they are consistently going through on time.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch out the holidays and week ends when stting up payments too. I went 1 day over on my Cap 1 because I forgot about Labor day. 

Now I set them all up to pay 4-7 days in advance of the due date.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier now only charges an overlimit fee if you're over by a certain percentage.  If you're only .49 cents over, then they won't charge an overlimit fee.  If you were over by about $10 or more, then they would probably charge the overlimit fee.

My bank gives me free wire transfers, so I pay my First Premier card by wire transfer.  First Premier charges $5 against your payment for this, but it is cheaper than paying by phone or by the website. 

BEST THING TO DO: 

-  Pay your bill, but don't use your card until the due date passes.  When the due date passes, the statement cycle closes and they report your information to the credit bureaus.

They charge you interest and the $7 monthly fee at the closing of the billing cycle.  This OFTEN brings people over the limit.  So just pay your bill and wait for the cycle to close before using your card again.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.