I use push payment to overpay. No issues so far

+1 - I do the same thing.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 29
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Overpay...

I tried to do this a couple of times but was told I could only pay 10% over what the balance was. From reading other posts though nobody else seems to mention this so maybe it was just card specific (I think it was capital one)

Message 22 of 29
bribro
Valued Contributor

This seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through just to get a zero statement balance reported, which might bump your FICO a couple of points. If you want to maximize your FICO it's apparently a good thing to have one card report a small balance, so why not just do that and worry about keeping your rarely used cards at a zero balance.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 23 of 29
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Just out of curiosity, if you let the statement cut when you have a negative balance, will your credit report actually show a negative, or $0?

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 24 of 29
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Autumnslight wrote:

Just out of curiosity, if you let the statement cut when you have a negative balance, will your credit report actually show a negative, or $0?

$0.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I made my purchase today and I think it will make my Target card look better. The associate sold me the wrong iPad. I thought it was discounted at first because he repeated what I wanted back to me.  I stopped to look at the receipt and found that it was only the WiFi version so... I had to goto a different store to get the correct one. I didn't return the first until after I made my purchase. Now there were two charged to the account along with a few small things. Returned the first which is about a $600.00 credit. They say that will take a few days to post. Checked my account tonight, I have a balance of about $1500.00.  That will be about $900.00 after the credit and the statement closes. 

So this should show a high balance of about $1500.00 on my CR?  

Message 26 of 29
shedspread

Chase allows you to pay 10% over your balance. If I try to pay more it sends an error message. Both my Freedom and Sapphire cards allow this.

Message 27 of 29
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

But really, who writes checks anymore? I write 1 check a month for rent and that's it.

HAHA Rent is the only thing I write a real check for as well.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 28 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@shedspread wrote:

Chase allows you to pay 10% over your balance. If I try to pay more it sends an error message. Both my Freedom and Sapphire cards allow this.

Huh, I had blithely assumed it was anything over current balance.  Think I was slightly over than 10% for a pending charge I was trying to cover.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the tip!

        
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.