Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Comenity Anyone?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Overstock Comenity Anyone?

It's on my list... I applied and was denied but waiting for EQ to fix my reports and then will try again.

Message 21 of 89
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

It's on my list... I applied and was denied but waiting for EQ to fix my reports and then will try again.

I am really shocked you didn't get this card, Comenity is a very weird and strange bank to figure out. Good luck.

Message 22 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CardHunter wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I am really shocked you didn't get this card, Comenity is a very weird and strange bank to figure out. Good luck.

my EQ is so messed up right now (like literally EQ fault and they are working on fixing it, we are going on a week) but the report that I pull and creditors pull has not seen new accounts or updates of payments or CL's since June (but INQ's) are showing up!

Message 23 of 89
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CardHunter wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

my EQ is so messed up right now (like literally EQ fault and they are working on fixing it, we are going on a week) but the report that I pull and creditors pull has not seen new accounts or updates of payments or CL's since June (but INQ's) are showing up!

Ahh ok got ya.. because I was like how in the crap can I get this card and not CA. when you have cards I am sure there is no way I can get right now. I hope they get that worked out for ya very soon.

Message 24 of 89
makin_no_cents
Valued Member

Thanks OP - went to overstock just now, threw a random item into cart and initiated guest checkout and got my first ever comity preapproval. Accepted the offer and wound up with a $2.5k cl. Its baffeled me why I've never gotten one of the cart trick offers as my scores are >700 with zero bads. I am assuming this will not result in a HP, but will update here if that proves to NOT be the case. 

Message 25 of 89
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@makin_no_cents wrote:

Thanks OP - went to overstock just now, threw a random item into cart and initiated guest checkout and got my first ever comity preapproval. Accepted the offer and wound up with a $2.5k cl. Its baffeled me why I've never gotten one of the cart trick offers as my scores are >700 with zero bads. I am assuming this will not result in a HP, but will update here if that proves to NOT be the case. 

Yeah, please keep us updated. I for one will not attempt them again unless it is a SP.

Message 26 of 89
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@makin_no_cents wrote:

Very nice, congrats.

Message 27 of 89
makin_no_cents
Valued Member

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@makin_no_cents wrote:

Yeah, please keep us updated. I for one will not attempt them again unless it is a SP.

Checked my three reports on MPM this AM and no inquiry shows on any of the three - of course neither does the trade but if the inquiry were going to be a hard one I'm certain it would be there already. Seems safe to accept the pre-approved offer as it works just like the other soft shopping cart tricks apparently.

Message 28 of 89
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Ok guys just to update. I got a alert from myfico this morning that there was a new account added to my credit report which was the Overstock acct but still no inq. funny thing is the only report they added the acct to was to my Experian and no others.

Message 29 of 89
makin_no_cents
Valued Member

@CardHunter wrote:

Ok guys just to update. I got a alert from myfico this morning that there was a new account added to my credit report which was the Overstock acct but still no inq. funny thing is the only report they added the acct to was to my Experian and no others.

In my own experience experian is the first to show new info, followed closely by equifax and trailed days later by transunion....they all have their own clock.

Message 30 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.