Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock Credit Card

I just got a pre approval in the mail for Overstock. I don't need anything from there but the open credit would be nice but I don't want to get it if the starting limit is low. Can anyone tell me what the average SL is? My scores are 624,625, 630 from FICO 08. Thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Overstock Credit Card

I would stay away from Comenity especially if you don't really need anything from them and just to pad util. A ton of horror stories are floating around here in regards to Comenity. There are other much better cards out there. Say Cap1 for instance?
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Capital One already. I got a pre approval for another one but I liked the Overstock because of the SP. I'm hopefully going to get a mortgage in June. I know what I should do but I don't wanna.
Message 3 of 7
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I recommend not doing overstock then. If you app directly, it will be a HP. You don't want that if you are doing a mortgage soon.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need a card from Overstock then don't apply for it. You don't want to experience "buyers remorse".

I would recommend focusing on improving your current scores.  You are approximately 23-30 point away from being ready to apply for an AMEX. What is keeping your scores down?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payments from over 4 years ago when I was laid off from my job and I've got a couple medical collections and a $5000 from an apartment complex from 2011.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Late payments from over 4 years ago when I was laid off from my job and I've got a couple medical collections and a $5000 from an apartment complex from 2011.

Ahhhh.... got it. With the medical bills.. have you tried to find out if they will delete the collection accounts if you pay them? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.