Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock - One more 'How to" question

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Overstock - One more 'How to" question

Not that I'm going to do the Overstock shopping cart trick, but if I were, how would I go about doing it?

I've read enough threads to have a pretty good idea, but I can't get the pop up to pop up for anything.  I think I'm missing a key step, or not.

I registered on the site.

I load cart up with a tv and laptop.

I hit checkout now.

I enter my address, etc...

I then click on paypal, or I enter some CC info...and then I wait, and wait.  Nothing.

I log out. Close the window. And retry later....and hour, 15 mins, the next day, whenever.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: Overstock - One more 'How to" question

@racer-x wrote:

Not that I'm going to do the Overstock shopping cart trick, but if I were, how would I go about doing it?

I've read enough threads to have a pretty good idea, but I can't get the pop up to pop up for anything.  I think I'm missing a key step, or not.

I hit checkout now.

I then click on paypal, or I enter some CC info...and then I wait, and wait.  Nothing.

I log out. Close the window. And retry later....and hour, 15 mins, the next day, whenever.

It could be as simple as your score or profile is simply not where it needs to be to get the pop up.  If you have made sure that your info that you enter matches EXACTLY as the CA has then that is probably the issue.  Have you had any other SCT approvals?

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 43
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@App_Addict wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

I hit checkout now.

It could be as simple as your score or profile is simply not where it needs to be to get the pop up.  If you have made sure that your info that you enter matches EXACTLY as the CA has then that is probably the issue.  Have you had any other SCT approvals?

Low 700's, $150k in CL's, maybe 8 INQ's in 12 mos., AAoA 2.2 yrs, 15% utilization, 5 of 20 accts reporting balances, recent instant approval for Venture $10k, 1 paid derog ($165) 5 yrs old on TU, squeaky clean everywhere else.

I've only 2 store cards, walmart/lowes.  I have AMEX, Discover, US Bank Cash+, $35k on 3 accts w/Cap One at 0% utilization, DCU, USAA, Paypal MC, Chase csp, Freedom, slate, etc, etc....20 cards I think.

Damnit, dont tell me I don't qualify?!  lol.

Maybe I'm not putting my full name or middle initial...most of my reports have my full name w/initial or just name w/o initial.

It seems to be a popshot.  Very random as to when the window pops up.  I'd be pis sed if I didn't get at least $5k.

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very random as to when the window pops up.

That sure seems to be the case. I've gotten it for Overstock and a few others, but some I've tried many times have been no joy.

Message 4 of 43
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very random as to when the window pops up.

That sure seems to be the case. I've gotten it for Overstock and a few others, but some I've tried many times have been no joy.

What's crazy is that I never even heard of Overstock until this week...from this site.

And there happens to be a location near me.  Who knew.

I could see myself doing some damage there, purchase wise.  I'm looking at getting some ez CL's.

Message 5 of 43
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Agree that it is random....I was checking flights on Virgin America and got the pop-up for the card last month, since then I get the pop-up on all Comenity "partners" and believe it or not I just say NO!!  Before the Virgin pop-up I never got them.....go figure!

Message 6 of 43
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

I hit checkout now.

Low 700's, $150k in CL's, maybe 8 INQ's in 12 mos., AAoA 2.2 yrs, 15% utilization, 5 of 20 accts reporting balances, recent instant approval for Venture $10k, 1 paid derog ($165) 5 yrs old on TU, squeaky clean everywhere else.

I've only 2 store cards, walmart/lowes.  I have AMEX, Discover, US Bank Cash+, $35k on 3 accts w/Cap One at 0% utilization, DCU, USAA, Paypal MC, Chase csp, Freedom, slate, etc, etc....20 cards I think.

Damnit, dont tell me I don't qualify?!  lol.

Maybe I'm not putting my full name or middle initial...most of my reports have my full name w/initial or just name w/o initial.

It seems to be a popshot.  Very random as to when the window pops up.  I'd be pis sed if I didn't get at least $5k.

Sounds like you DO qualify, so very much could be not matching up.  For fun and giggles try some of the other comenity cards, such as Victoria Secret, Express, they are considered by most to be the easiest.  If they pop then you know your report is ok and at that point, I would be at a loss.  Of course you don't have to take those but just to see if they work.  If they don't pop then it is a matching issue. 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 7 of 43
racer-x
Valued Contributor

App addict - Good idea on checking VS and others first to see if my info is in the Comenity system. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 43
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Got the pop up on VS.

When i'm on Overstock.com and on my shopping cart page, there is an OS card and info that says apply , but it's not actually a popup...It's part of the page itself, like an advertisement.  That's not considered the popup correct?

Message 9 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@racer-x wrote:

Got the pop up on VS.

When i'm on Overstock.com and on my shopping cart page, there is an OS card and info that says apply , but it's not actually a popup...It's part of the page itself, like an advertisement.  That's not considered the popup correct?

Ya been trying to get the Overstock popup since I heard it being around to no avail.. Credit Criteria for it is pretty easy maybe a 600-620 eq fico..  It appears to be random on who it pops up for and not.  Have several other comedity cards pop up, but not this one.. Overstock is one that I would actually use if it ever did come up I would consider taking it, but not going to let them have a HP for a CL with them.. Annoying to say the least.  How they choose to pop up vs making apply no clue

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.