Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock

tag
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Overstock

Please explain to me why should i get an Overstock CC?

Benefits?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock

@sports1965 wrote:

Benefits?

Thanks

Do you shop there?  Does it fit into your spending habits?  Asking us to sort of convince you is a bit rhetorical...... 

Message 2 of 9
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Seems they give our relatively high credit limits and good CLI's for people with marginal FICO scores.  So this can help with utilization for those with limited credit limits.  They also show this:

http://www.overstock.com/storecard

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently acquired the Overstock cc and while I do shop there occasionally, another benefit,  if you work the pop up, it is a soft inquiry and most likely a decent credit line.    By decent, I received a 4800.00 cl.  Avoiding a hard pull is great and a higher starting limit will reduce your overall utilization.  However you achieve the lower utilization, you will benefit from it..It will increase your credit score over time.    

Message 4 of 9
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

They give very generous CLs & even if you only shop there occasionally, they're also very generous with the CLIs.  Almost every time I've ever hit the "love button" they've given me an increase.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of their special offers are pretty sweet too. I just took the HP for the overstock MC... a day later got a 25% off coupon and double you club 0 points offer. So i bought one of the big ticketish items that has been sittin in my cart for months. Something I was already gonna buy and had priced out, and got a good deal turned into a stupid good deal. Toss in the 6/12 month free financing....if there were a store card I would personally get, after amazon, overstock would prob be the one. I do spend a pretty good amount there tho. I cook for large groups fairly regularly and their prices on kitchen stuff (especially with a sale and a coupon) beat just about anybody on a lot of the stuff. 

Pro tip, leaving bigish items in the cart seems to trigger more discounts. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sports1965 wrote:

Benefits?

Thanks

People get cards for different reasons. Whether or not you should get one depends on your specific needs. I don't have an Overstock card and have no need for one. But for people rebuilding and possibly for those with the right spend, it might make sense.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you shop there then it's that benefit.

If you don't shop there but want to take a change at getting a nice credit limit then there is that benefit.

That's pretty much it. I only got overstock because it grows over time with CLI Requests that seems to be once per month. Didn't even know what they sold or what they specialized in. It's basically my one (and only) buffer account.

Message 8 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I got it to take advantage of a small discount and their promotional financing.   I've only used it once, for a Dyson vacuum.

It's SP to open, if you get the popup, and it grows quickly.   I was approved at $4000 and was able to get the CL up to $5500 while I was paying off the promotional balance.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.