Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owning 2 Sallie Mae WMC's?

tag
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Owning 2 Sallie Mae WMC's?

@Anonymous wrote:
We take risks of wasting a HP with every application. And idk about swearing by two but not all of us can survive on $25 a week for groceries sir Smiley Tongue So two comes in handy.

The cap for grocery spending is $250 a month. So one card is good for more than $25 a week, would'nt it be more around $60ish a week? But yeah I know for some a second card is definately handy. I'm still working on getting my first.

Message 11 of 38
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
not all of us can survive on $25 a week for groceries sir Smiley Tongue So two comes in handy.

True but some go after other solutions than a pair of Sallie Maes.  We use a pair of BCP's.  Maybe not the most possible rewards on that spend but we'd rather deal with just 2 cards and it would take 4 Sallie Maes for our spend.  YMMV.  With high enough spend the old Blue Cash may be a better fit.

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

seezar - that was merely a figure plucked out of thin air to tease kdm

takeshi - of course there are other alternatives available depending on ones needs and spending habits. There's no one size fits all credit card strategy for 100% of us. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 38
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Plus buying gift cards at the supermarket is major spending I do on top of groceries
Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 14 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
not all of us can survive on $25 a week for groceries sir Smiley Tongue So two comes in handy.

True but some go after other solutions than a pair of Sallie Maes.  We use a pair of BCP's.  Maybe not the most possible rewards on that spend but we'd rather deal with just 2 cards and it would take 4 Sallie Maes for our spend.  YMMV.  With high enough spend the old Blue Cash may be a better fit.

Is that card even still available?

        
Message 15 of 38
core
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Yes, the $50k capped version of the OBC is still available.

Message 16 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@core wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Yes, the $50k capped version of the OBC is still available.

Danke!

        
Message 17 of 38
JSS3
Valued Contributor

A poster stated he was insta-denied when he went for a second with no credit pulled. So a hard pull may not be "wasted" when trying for two.
Message 18 of 38
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I saw a lot of people on FT had there old blue cash' cards cancelled, i see that as a higher risk for not acheiving points you could have earned elsewhere

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Buying gift cards in MS counts as grocery as well?

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.