cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYOFF CC BALANCES

tag
butterfinger

PAYOFF CC BALANCES

Hi, brand new to the site. Thanks for all the informative posts.  I'd like to know how long will it take after you pay off your CC for it  to change your credit score?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: PAYOFF CC BALANCES

All the balances need to report, and then a fresh score calculated based on updated reports.

Message 2 of 6
bobbay
Established Contributor

it depends when your statement date is.  Once your account is paid in full you need it to print a new statement with a $0 balance.  Once that happens it generally takes many of my creditors 5-10 days to post to the CRB I have a mortgage that runs from 2 weeks to 8 weeks behind with reporting to the CRB's.  Once you get the alert from the CRB  that the payment/Balance is updated "I believe" it should reflect immediate if you pull a score.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 3 of 6
butterfinger

Thank you
Message 4 of 6
butterfinger

Good information. Thanks for your reply.
Message 5 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

All the balances need to report, and then a fresh score calculated based on updated reports.

+1...and welcome to myFICO to the OP.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.