Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Altered app spree plan

tag
ycm
Established Member

PC Altered app spree plan

Planned on closing my Citi Thank You Amex for some time. Hasn't been doing much for me. Going on a trip so wanted to add a hotel card to my wallet. Tried to pc from citi Amex to visa years before and was unsuccessful. Planned on taking a HP with another creditor to replace this card.

Called today as a last effort to save myself from closing the almost 5 year old 2800 CL account. Asked about PC to Hilton Reserve. Rep said account is eligible and should be no problem. Should have the card soon - account should be completely converted in 45 days. Credit was not pulled so I'm still in the garden. CL will transfer and it won't be NPSL - which is fine bc I have Amex charge products. APR will remain unchanged which is nice because its lower than the apr listed for the card on the site. Card has a balance that will be paid in full this week.

Sharing in hopes of it being helpful to others.
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Altered app spree plan

That worked out very well.  You get the card you need and were able to stay in the garden.  Good work. 

Message 2 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Great job working the system!!  Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I did the exact same conversion recently as well. Citi Amex to HHonors Reserve. Congrats on the PC! I had my card within 10 days. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.