Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Amex Plat to Gold?

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

PC Amex Plat to Gold?

Is it possible to apply for an Amex Plat (take advantage of the 50k points and all the benefits) and than PC it over to a Gold before the $500 AF hits?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: PC Amex Plat to Gold?

You are required to have a card for 1 year now before PC can be done.

Message 2 of 11
aftermath
Established Contributor

Doh! Smiley Mad

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 3 of 11
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

yeah and your af is billed on your first statement and you wont receive the points for maybe 2 statements later. thats how it was when i applied for zync and i didnt get my 10,000 bonus points until 2 statements later.

amazon
Message 4 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

+1

Amex keeps everything behind by about 2 months

@tsquad131 wrote:

yeah and your af is billed on your first statement and you wont receive the points for maybe 2 statements later. thats how it was when i applied for zync and i didnt get my 10,000 bonus points until 2 statements later.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 11
aftermath
Established Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

They are having a promo right now where the AF is waived for the first year.  That's why I thought maybe I could do a PC before it hits next year.

Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Message 6 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I've heard people say they will refund you a prorated amount of the AF if you cancel the card.  Anyone know if that is standard or if that is just a case by case concession?  And do they let you keep the MR points in that case?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have always had luck getting pro-rated or full refunds when I have done PC... example Delta Platinum, 4 or more months after PC to it, I pc to blue and they gave me full refund of AF because I was unhappy with the reward structure.

Message 8 of 11
mross1080
Established Contributor

Where did you see an offer for no annual fee for the first year? I havent seen this one for the platinum. I would get one just to have a platinum for a year and cancel. And recently I got a gold card for the 10k bonus points and I got the points credited 2 days after I made my first purchase with the card. I already had 2 amex cards at the time. I plan to cancel the card before the fee hits.

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

Where did you see an offer for no annual fee for the first year? I havent seen this one for the platinum. I would get one just to have a platinum for a year and cancel. And recently I got a gold card for the 10k bonus points and I got the points credited 2 days after I made my first purchase with the card. I already had 2 amex cards at the time. I plan to cancel the card before the fee hits.

I'm thinking they meant Gold was free first year... I'm like you if they want to give me platinum for a year free... good bye Zync! actually i love the zync, almost all purchases are restaurants so works out good for me

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.