PC Amex Zync to Green or Gold?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: PC Amex Zync to Green or Gold?

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX told me you cant change from a ZYNC

Maybe they meant 'right now' you cant change do to only having the card a month?

That makes sense. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 21 of 41
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree ~ I'll apply for a new charge card before I ever attempt to upgrade my ZYNC. Having the backdated card open is worth the lowly $25 AF, and it will pay for itself anyway with promotions like small biz Saturday, etc....
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:
I agree ~ I'll apply for a new charge card before I ever attempt to upgrade my ZYNC. Having the backdated card open is worth the lowly $25 AF, and it will pay for itself anyway with promotions like small biz Saturday, etc....

Also if you do app and get approved for green and then cancle zync, zync should still report the backdated year for 10 years.

Message 23 of 41
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i dont kno if i really want the gold or not... i got alot more points with zync then i would have with gold. everytime i went to DD it got doubled.. every time i pay my cell it gets doubbled. everytime i eat out it gets doubled

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

i dont kno if i really want the gold or not... i got alot more points with zync then i would have with gold. everytime i went to DD it got doubled.. every time i pay my cell it gets doubbled. everytime i eat out it gets doubled

Then zync seems like a good fit for you. I would say stay unless you travel and want to transfer points.

Message 25 of 41
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

yea i dont travel at all and if i do its in the states and i drive.. i would like a BCP but thats in 3/13 if i can hold out on apping

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

yea i dont travel at all and if i do its in the states and i drive.. i would like a BCP but thats in 3/13 if i can hold out on apping

I would say it makes the most sense to stay with zync then. Points from gold will be pretty much worthless if you dont travel as you can already redeem for everything else with zync.

Message 27 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Also if you do app and get approved for green and then cancle zync, zync should still report the backdated year for 10 years.

But if you PC Zync to Green, then the Zync history would transfer to the Green, right? And it would NOT show as a closed acct on the CR for 10 years.

I guess that's one option, too. I could app for Green and cancel Zync. Somehow I just thought it would be simpler and cleaner to PC. Also, it would save an inq if it's a SP to PC.

A lot to consider. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

But if you PC Zync to Green, then the Zync history would transfer to the Green, right? And it would NOT show as a closed acct on the CR for 10 years.

I guess that's one option, too. I could app for Green and cancel Zync. Somehow I just thought it would be simpler and cleaner to PC. Also, it would save an inq if it's a SP to PC.

A lot to consider. Smiley Happy

Correct. Thats why im saying if you app for green, not PC, and then close zync it would report for 10 years.

The other side to this is PC where it should be a SP and will act like zync history wise with MR points.

Message 29 of 41
Open123
Super Contributor

My understanding is that with the 13 months AmEx will allow for upgrade of cards to a higher AF, but not the Zync. 

While there may have been posts in the past of some who upgraded their Zync cards, I don't think this is the case now.  It seems to me that AmEx has left some features out of the Zync, such as extended payment, and the ability to upgrade.  I remember calling on my business card and had a quick question on my Zync.  The CR mentioned that while she will be more than happy to help me with my other personal cards, she can't even see the Zync and will need to transfer me since the Zync is handled by a dedicated department.

Regarding the $30 Green, that's only potentially offered when a cardmember they'd like to keep closes/cancels a Gold card or above.

Edit - PS - You know, unless you're offered an upgrade for 50k points on first spend with first year fee waived, there is no reason to upgrade with AmEx, since it excludes you from the annual fee waive and sign up bonuses.  The way to maximize with AmEx is to apply for a new card for annual fee waive and sign up bonuses.  If you app in January, it'll be older than your existing AmEx and give a boost to your AAOA.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.