Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC BCE --> Blue Cash

tag
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC BCE --> Blue Cash

@Fico2Go wrote:

I have a BCP from Dec/2013 and want the Blue Cash.  I'm going to try but not sure if they will allow my BCP to PC to Blue Cash... BCP has annual fee so it might be in a different product category.  Thanks 

I think you should be able to PC from your BCP (card w/AF) to the Blue Cash (card w/no AF).  I believe if it were the other way around (PC'ing from a no-AF card to an AF card), you wouldn't be able to do that just during the first year, just based on what I read re: the Card Act. 

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask.  I was able to do mine through the online chat.....good luck & let me know how it goes!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 11 of 37
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@w003ptr wrote:

By the way, he also mentioned that his card gets just 0.5% on all other purchases?  Does that sound right?  I thought it was 1% on everything up through the initial $6500 & then 1% on all other purchases (except gas/groceries/drugstores) thereafter?

It's 0.5% before $6500 then 1.25% on all other purchases (plus the 5% on gas/groceries/drugstore).

Um, no!   Before $6,500, it is 1% on gas/groceries/drugstore and 0.5% on everything else.  After $6,500 it is 5% on g/g/d and 1% on everything else

Thank you for the info......as long as it's not just 0.5% on all purchases even after the initial $6500 spend, it's all good.......

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

Message 12 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

I have a BCP from Dec/2013 and want the Blue Cash.  I'm going to try but not sure if they will allow my BCP to PC to Blue Cash... BCP has annual fee so it might be in a different product category.  Thanks 

I think you should be able to PC from your BCP (card w/AF) to the Blue Cash (card w/no AF).  I believe if it were the other way around (PC'ing from a no-AF card to an AF card), you wouldn't be able to do that just during the first year, just based on what I read re: the Card Act. 

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask.  I was able to do mine through the online chat.....good luck & let me know how it goes!

Many of us tried, and haven't succeeded in going from the BCP.

Message 13 of 37
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

Really?  That's interesting......What was the reason they gave you? 

Message 14 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

How long have you had your BCP?  If its over 13 months, you will be able to transfer some of the CL to the BC?  (Since you need to spend $6,500 to get any benefit, a higher CL might help).

Are you planning to keep the BCP or downgrade it to BCE?   I am going to do that when the AF hits in Feb.

Message 15 of 37
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

How long have you had your BCP?  If its over 13 months, you will be able to transfer some of the CL to the BC?  (Since you need to spend $6,500 to get any benefit, a higher CL might help).

Are you planning to keep the BCP or downgrade it to BCE?   I am going to do that when the AF hits in Feb.

My BCP will turn 1-month old on 2/2.....so unfortunately, it's too soon to transfer any of the CL.  However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 3xCLI on the Blue Cash -- which should be coming up by mid-Feb -- if AmEx will let me even after these PCs.  According to the CSR today, the PC shouldn't hinder any chances for a CLI...so I guess we'll see. 

But you're right....a higher CL would make things much easier.  I've run somewhere around $2.5-$3k on this card already over the last 1 1/2 months....and having to make multple payments in order to do so. 

I think after all is said & done, I'll end up keeping the BCP....but we'll see how it performs this coming year.

Message 16 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

No-one on Flyertalk or here (Open tried for example) succeeded, it simply is not an option.   But as I said, only one person reported success with a BCE before you, so it might just be getting the right rep by luck!

Message 17 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

My BCP will turn 1-month old on 2/2.....so unfortunately, it's too soon to transfer any of the CL.  However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 3xCLI on the Blue Cash -- which should be coming up by mid-Feb -- if AmEx will let me even after these PCs.  According to the CSR today, the PC shouldn't hinder any chances for a CLI...so I guess we'll see. 

But you're right....a higher CL would make things much easier.  I've run somewhere around $2.5-$3k on this card already over the last 1 1/2 months....and having to make multple payments in order to do so. 

I think after all is said & done, I'll end up keeping the BCP....but we'll see how it performs this coming year.

OK.  For me it depends how you meet the initial spend, but to me the BCP has no value now.    

BCP pays 1% more on $6K of groceries, = $60, but costs $75.   It pays way less on gas, so that doesn't count, but I suppose if I spend a lot at select department stores, that might change the equation.

So I will convert to BCE and SD it.

Message 18 of 37
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

OK.  For me it depends how you meet the initial spend, but to me the BCP has no value now.    

BCP pays 1% more on $6K of groceries, = $60, but costs $75.   It pays way less on gas, so that doesn't count, but I suppose if I spend a lot at select department stores, that might change the equation.

So I will convert to BCE and SD it.

@Anonymous.....good point!  I obviously have not thought about it that way.  I do shop @ department stores (particularly Nordstrom, Dillards, Macys, Kohls), but not sure if that will tip the scales for me after all is said & done,  I guess I'll have to keep that in mind. 

I have a family & we do spend a lot on groceries & gas.  But now with the Blue Cash & Sallie Mae (both of which offer no AF & 5% in gas/groceries, albeit with a minimum spend requirement or monthly caps), you're right about thinking about the value of the BCP in this equation.  You've definitely given me something to think about!

Message 19 of 37
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

No-one on Flyertalk or here (Open tried for example) succeeded, it simply is not an option.   But as I said, only one person reported success with a BCE before you, so it might just be getting the right rep by luck!

LTlurker,, I just finished chatting with Amex and they said I could PC from the Amex Blue or Amex Blue Cash Everyday.  NO to Blue Cash.  

Were you able to PC from BCP to Blue cash?

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.