Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC BCE --> Blue Cash

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PC BCE --> Blue Cash

@Fico2Go wrote:

LTlurker,, I just finished chatting with Amex and they said I could PC from the Amex Blue or Amex Blue Cash Everyday.  NO to Blue Cash.  

Were you able to PC from BCP to Blue cash?

As I said a few posts ago, No!    

I had to apply for the BC, as have most people.     It's a little bit of a shame because this is one case where PCing doesn't lose a signing bonus (because there isn't one).  But I did get another tradeline going back to 1987 because of backdating, which makes up for the HP.

Message 21 of 37
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

LTlurker,, I just finished chatting with Amex and they said I could PC from the Amex Blue or Amex Blue Cash Everyday.  NO to Blue Cash.  

Were you able to PC from BCP to Blue cash?

As I said a few posts ago, No!    

I had to apply for the BC, as have most people.     It's a little bit of a shame because this is one case where PCing doesn't lose a signing bonus (because there isn't one).  But I did get another tradeline going back to 1987 because of backdating, which makes up for the HP.

Here's the chat session:

you: I would like to change my current Blue Cash preferred card to the Blue Cash
Melanie: Am I chatting with Fico2Go?
you: yes
Melanie: Excellent!
Melanie: I will be glad to assist you.
you: thank u
Melanie: You are welcome!
Melanie: In order to continue, I need you to answer an identification question. Your chat window will expand to the right with the question, please answer it in the space provided.
you: sure
Melanie:
 he agent has sent you a secure form

Melanie: Thank you so much.
Melanie: Excellent!

you: Smiley Happy

Melanie: Please allow me a moment while I process your request.
you: ok
Melanie: Thanks fopr your patience.
Melanie: *for
you: it's ok.. 4 or for is good. Smiley Happy
Melanie: You will have an option of switching to Blue or Blue Cash Everyday..
you: I would like the Blue.. it's the one with the 5% rewards after initial spending of $6500?
Melanie: Thanks for confirming!
Melanie: I apologize for the inconvenience, our account is not eligible for Blue Cash. You can choose Blue or Blue Cash Everyday..
Melanie: Visit americanexpress.com/apply toview and compare the cards.
Melanie: Were you able to access the link provided?
Melanie: We have not heard from you for some time.  Do you wish to continue to chat?
Melanie: Since we have not heard from you for some time, we will now end this chat.  Please click to chat with us again if we can be of further assistance.
you: HI Melanie
you: are u still there?
you: my computer froze and i lost u
Melanie: Yes, I am..
you: sorry for that..
Melanie: Please don't be sorry..
you: I dont understand.. can u explain why I can't change to the blue cash?
Melanie: I apologize for the inconvenience, our account is not eligible for Blue Cash. You can choose Blue or Blue Cash Everyday..
Melanie: Youyr ac
Melanie: Yoor account is less than a year old.
Melanie: *your
you: How can I be eligible?
Melanie: If you wish you may wait for few months and then contact us
you: how come I am eligible to change to blue or blue cash everyda.. but not blush cash
Melanie: There are some restrictions as the account is new..
you: hmmm ok.
you: so I need to wait until after one year?
Melanie: I would request you to please contact us after few months or after the anniversary date with the same request. We will be glad to honor your request.

Looks like I might have to take chance and HP for Blue Cash next week after 3X CLI. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 22 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Well, there you go!   Your account, from Dec 2013, is too young to PC to BC.  Whereas FastForward has a much older card, from Dec 2013, that can be!

So it might just be the rep, or really some feature of the account.   My BCP is Feb 2012, so age is not the gating factor.

Message 23 of 37
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so after reading about the issues others have been having about PC'ing, I online chatted with AmEx again to confirm my PC actually will happen.  Here's a copy of my online chat.  It also includes some interesting info about the rewards structure I was not aware of before:

info: Welcome to American Express Live Chat! The next available Customer Care Professional will be with you shortly.

For quality assurance, this chat may be recorded and monitored. For your security, please click “END CHAT X” to close this chat window before leaving your computer unattended or when chat is complete.

info: You are now chatting with Rach.

Rach: Hi, welcome to American Express Chat. My name is Rach. How can I help you today?

you: Hi Rach, I just wanted to double check that the product change for the Blue Cash Everyday card is confirmed.

you: I just made the product change today.

Rach: I will be happy to check and confirm.

Rach: Once you process the request it takes 24-48 hours for the process to complete.

you: Ok, thank you for letting me know.

Rach: Also, it will take one month for the new Card to show online.

Rach: Most welcome!

you: Ok, I see.

you: Are you still able to confirm this for me though?

Rach: For sure.

Rach: I am checking that...

Rach: Your request is submitted successfully to change the existing Card to Blue Cash Card which is a fee free Card.

Rach: You are all set!

you: Ok, thank you. Can you confirm for me what the rewards structure is for this card?

Rach: For sure. I will be happy to send you the link so that you can view features of the Blue Cash Card.

you: Thank you.

Rach: My pleasure!

you: I just want to confirm verbally what you show as the rewards structure. For instance I understand there is a minimum $6500 spending requirement prior to getting to the 2nd tier bonus structure.

you: Can you confirm what the rewards percentage is for the different categories as well as for everything else that is not in a certain category?

Rach: With Blue Cash Card you get Cash Back for the purchases as below:

Rach: U.S. Supermarket (Superstores and warehouse clubs are not considered supermarkets) till annual spending $6,500.00 1% cash back and above that 5.00%

Rach: Select U.S. Drugstore same as above.

Rach: U.S. Gas Stations (Superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations.) till $6,500.00 annual spend :

Rach: 1.00% for single transactions less than or equal to $400

Rach: 0.50% for single transactions greater than $400

Rach: Above $6,500.00 your get:

Rach: 5.00% for single transactions less than or equal to $400

Rach: 1.00% for single transactions greater than $400

Rach: Other Eligible Purchases you get 0.50% and 1.00% respectively.

Rach: Interest charges / late payment fees / over-the-credit-limit fees / returned payment fees / foreign transaction fees
Cash advances / Express Cash transactions
Reloadable prepaid card purchases and loads
Balance transfers / all purpose checks
American Express annual membership fees / program fees
American Express fee-based enrollment services
Purchase of American Express Travelers Cheques and Gift Cheques
PASS Card from American Express funds reload
Savings deposits on Card
Privileged Assets
Transactions associated with Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) claims
Federal Excise Tax Offset Fee
Membership Rewards point redemptions
Bulk Mail Charges with U.S. Postal Service
American Express Gift Cards purchased online

Rach: Above are ineligible charges.

you: Ok, thank you. The previous customer service rep said something to me about 0.5% cash back. But that is only for purchases above $400, correct?

Rach: That's correct.

Rach: Does that help?

you: Ok, that makes sense.

you: Yes, very much so.

Rach: Excellent!

you: So when is my card officially a Blue Cash card vs. the Blue Cash Everyday?

you: Do I have to wait until I get the actual card?

Rach: Not at all! Once your request is completed in next 48 hours your Card will be Blue Cash Card. Till the time you receive the new Card in 7-8 days you can continue using the existing Card.

you: Ok, so it will still be the Blue Cash Everyday for the next 48 hours?

Rach: You will get an email communication with the confirmation about the transfer.

you: Ok, that will help me figure out what purchases will qualify for what.

you: So, when I get the email confirmation is when it officially changes?

Rach: Perfect!

Rach: Absolutely!

you: Ok. Thank you again Rach. You've been very helpful & very knowledgeable.

Rach: Always welcome!

Rach: Have a wonderful evening! Smiley Happy

Rach: It was my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for choosing American Express, please click on End Chat to complete our Exit Survey.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So, my question is:  why would they have restrictions on the purchase amount?  Not that I would purchase that much in gas all at one time, lol.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 24 of 37
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

Ok, so after reading about the issues others have been having about PC'ing, I online chatted with AmEx again to confirm my PC actually will happen.  Here's a copy of my online chat.  It also includes some interesting info about the rewards structure I was not aware of before:

info: Welcome to American Express Live Chat! The next available Customer Care Professional will be with you shortly.

For quality assurance, this chat may be recorded and monitored. For your security, please click “END CHAT X” to close this chat window before leaving your computer unattended or when chat is complete.

Rach: Hi, welcome to American Express Chat. My name is Rach. How can I help you today?

you: Hi Rach, I just wanted to double check that the product change for the Blue Cash Everyday card is confirmed.

Rach: Once you process the request it takes 24-48 hours for the process to complete.

Rach: Your request is submitted successfully to change the existing Card to Blue Cash Card which is a fee free Card.

you: Ok, thank you. Can you confirm for me what the rewards structure is for this card?

Rach: For sure. I will be happy to send you the link so that you can view features of the Blue Cash Card.

you: I just want to confirm verbally what you show as the rewards structure. For instance I understand there is a minimum $6500 spending requirement prior to getting to the 2nd tier bonus structure.

you: Can you confirm what the rewards percentage is for the different categories as well as for everything else that is not in a certain category?

Rach: U.S. Supermarket (Superstores and warehouse clubs are not considered supermarkets) till annual spending $6,500.00 1% cash back and above that 5.00%

Rach: U.S. Gas Stations (Superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations.) till $6,500.00 annual spend :

Rach: Interest charges / late payment fees / over-the-credit-limit fees / returned payment fees / foreign transaction fees
Savings deposits on Card
Privileged Assets

you: Ok, thank you. The previous customer service rep said something to me about 0.5% cash back. But that is only for purchases above $400, correct?

Rach: Not at all! Once your request is completed in next 48 hours your Card will be Blue Cash Card. Till the time you receive the new Card in 7-8 days you can continue using the existing Card.

Rach: You will get an email communication with the confirmation about the transfer.

Rach: It was my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for choosing American Express, please click on End Chat to complete our Exit Survey.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So, my question is:  why would they have restrictions on the purchase amount?  Not that I would purchase that much in gas all at one time, lol.

To prevent MS I assume...makes perfect sense in that regard, lol

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 25 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

When I saw that the other day, I assumed it was to prevent purchasing large amounts of fuel for planes or boats, but they are also specifically excluded somewhere, so not really sure why.

For most, the limit doesn't really matter if you are buying gas.   But if you are lucky enough to have a gas station that takes credit cards for gift card purchases, this will get in the way.  And others have had auto-repairs done at places that report as gas stations, and again, this limits the rewards for doing that...

Message 26 of 37
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

Savings deposits on Card
Privileged Assets

I HAD TO PINCH MYSELF A FEW TIMES TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T READING THIS IN MY SLEEP. 

( all of the sudden my desire for Blue Cash ended. )

I'm glad they didn't approve my PC now.  Whew!

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 27 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Well, if that was the case it would be much more useful to put the same restriction on drug stores and supermarkets.   There would be a lot of purchase of $396.04 Vanilla Reloads then!

Message 28 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

I HAD TO PINCH MYSELF A FEW TIMES TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T READING THIS IN MY SLEEP. 

( all of the sudden my desire for Blue Cash ended. )

I'm glad they didn't approve my PC now.  Whew!

Calm down!  Although it is a little ambiguous in the chat, the $400 restriction is only on gas purchases.

Message 29 of 37
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Well, if that was the case it would be much more useful to put the same restriction on drug stores and supermarkets.   There would be a lot of purchase of $396.04 Vanilla Reloads then!

That's true. Maybe though they think anyone consistantly spending over $400 at a gas station is partaking in MS, so they are sterotyping in order to prevent the abuse?

To be honest, I've never done it, and won't do it. It's just what it looked like from an outsider's perspective

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.