Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC BCE to new EveryDay card worth it?

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

PC BCE to new EveryDay card worth it?

I haven't done the breakdown but does PC'ing over to the new card (for someone with the BCE, not cash rewards) worth it? Will the points carry over? And will it be a hard or soft pull?

Thx

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: PC BCE to new EveryDay card worth it?

@HenryJumbo wrote:

I haven't done the breakdown but does PC'ing over to the new card (for someone with the BCE, not cash rewards) worth it? Will the points carry over? And will it be a hard or soft pull?

Thx

they are not doing any PC'ing to the ED or EDP and the BCE is cash back and the ED/EDP cards are MR. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Thx

they are not doing any PC'ing to the ED or EDP and the BCE is cash back and the ED/EDP cards are MR. 

Hmmm.  Since I have Blue, Blue Cash, and Blue Sky...  I wonder if I should app for the Everyday card, and when they say they can't approve an additional card, see if they can swap out the Blue card for the new "Everyday" card, yet keep the MR points I have on the old Blue.

I had the original Optima, which was MR, and I was able to transfer the MR points over to Blue when I added the Blue Sky.

Or, would they allow me to move the points to my wife's account?  ;-) 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Thx

Hmmm.  Since I have Blue, Blue Cash, and Blue Sky...  I wonder if I should app for the Everyday card, and when they say they can't approve an additional card, see if they can swap out the Blue card for the new "Everyday" card, yet keep the MR points I have on the old Blue.

I had the original Optima, which was MR, and I was able to transfer the MR points over to Blue when I added the Blue Sky.

Or, would they allow me to move the points to my wife's account?  ;-) 

Sounds like that would depend on some system issues!   If you have to cancel the Blue before the ED can be opened, there is no active card to transfer the MR points to. so that might be an issue.

You are allowed 4 revolvers, so is the problem with getting the additional card because you have too much credit with them?

Message 4 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

longtimelurker wrote

Sounds like that would depend on some system issues!   If you have to cancel the Blue before the ED can be opened, there is no active card to transfer the MR points to. so that might be an issue.

You are allowed 4 revolvers, so is the problem with getting the additional card because you have too much credit with them?

I have four revolvers:

Blue (MR Points)

Blue Cash (the old one)

Blue Sky

Simply Cash (business)

I've thought about calling them to inquire about opening LLC-specific accounts, now that I have both my sole proprietor business and a new LLC this year since a firm I was doing work for refused to pay until I formed a "corporation".

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.