Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC BoA Amex (Silver)

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

PC BoA Amex (Silver)

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

It really depends on what rewards you are looking for... Travel, Cash or...?  There is the BankAmericard Travel Rewards or the Cash Rewards.  You can also do a CC comparison on their website to see which one would be more suitable for your spend patterns and perk benefits available for each.

Message 2 of 10
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Cash Rewards would be more suitable.

Since I don't see myself using any other cards besides my CSP for International transactions.

BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 3 of 10
millenion
Established Member

@IcEWoLF wrote:

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.

I just my PC one of my BOA card to the Accelerated Rewards, is it that bad??

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@millenion wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

eh... I don't really think it's THAT bad - depends on your spend habits and whatnot.  I have the Accelerated Rewards AMEX including the FIA Fidelity AMEX and Privileges Cash Rewards.  Every TL has a purpose.  But, the Accelerated Rewards AMEX is perhaps on the low end of the rewards structure (on a points basis) compared to the others including the Travel Rewards.  Then, there's the other amenitites such as EMV chip, no FTFs, etc., that would be available for one product vs. the other.

Message 5 of 10
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@millenion wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

eh... I don't really think it's THAT bad - depends on your spend habits and whatnot.  I have the Accelerated Rewards AMEX including the FIA Fidelity AMEX and Privileges Cash Rewards.  Every TL has a purpose.  But, the Accelerated Rewards AMEX is perhaps on the low end of the rewards structure (on a points basis) compared to the others including the Travel Rewards.  Then, there's the other amenitites such as EMV chip, no FTFs, etc., that would be available for one product vs. the other.

BTW the Accelerated Rewards card has no International Transaction Fees.

But I don't really need that feature since my CSP has that covered well.

Right now I am leaning towards the 1/2/3 cashback card. Will make a decision tomorrow on which one I decide to go with.

Message 6 of 10
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@millenion wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

BTW the Accelerated Rewards card has no International Transaction Fees.

But I don't really need that feature since my CSP has that covered well.

Right now I am leaning towards the 1/2/3 cashback card. Will make a decision tomorrow on which one I decide to go with.

I opened my Accelerated Rewards card in June 2013.  I have since converted the card to the Cash Rewards card.  I didn't like the point system with the Accelerated Rewards card.  The Cash Rewards card offers between 1 - 3% cash back in addition to a bonus if you deposit the money into a BOA checking/savings account.  

It's strange that they don't allow the bonus if you select a statement credit. 

Message 7 of 10
SiouxsieSioux
Valued Member

I just did a PC to the Cash Rewards card. And I just realized that many of the Cash Rewards cards are Visa Signature. So I'm not sure if they are going to send me a Visa Signature. Anyone have an idea? I don't want it to have a negative impact on my score.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home
Message 8 of 10
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@SiouxsieSioux wrote:

I just did a PC to the Cash Rewards card. And I just realized that many of the Cash Rewards cards are Visa Signature. So I'm not sure if they are going to send me a Visa Signature. Anyone have an idea? I don't want it to have a negative impact on my score.

If your CL is over 5K, it is highely likely that you will receive a Visa Signature card.  I have seen several threads that suggest that BOA will allow you to downgrade your card to the Visa Platinum Plus if requested so that your limit will report.

Message 9 of 10
SiouxsieSioux
Valued Member

Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to wait and see what I get.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.