Reply
Frequent Contributor
IcEWoLF
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎02-25-2009

PC BoA Amex (Silver)

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

 

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

 

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.

EQ: 750 TU: 771 EXP: 800
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 7K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 5.7K
MERRILL+® Visa Signature®: 5K | Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card: 5K
BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards: 7K
Discover IT: 8.5K | Costco AMEX: 10.7K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi ThankYou Preferred World Mastercard 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard 5K
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

It really depends on what rewards you are looking for... Travel, Cash or...?  There is the BankAmericard Travel Rewards or the Cash Rewards.  You can also do a CC comparison on their website to see which one would be more suitable for your spend patterns and perk benefits available for each.

Frequent Contributor
IcEWoLF
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎02-25-2009

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

Cash Rewards would be more suitable.

Since I don't see myself using any other cards besides my CSP for International transactions.

EQ: 750 TU: 771 EXP: 800
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 7K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 5.7K
MERRILL+® Visa Signature®: 5K | Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card: 5K
BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards: 7K
Discover IT: 8.5K | Costco AMEX: 10.7K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi ThankYou Preferred World Mastercard 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard 5K
Established Member
millenion
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎07-08-2013

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)


IcEWoLF wrote:

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

 

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

 

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.


I just my PC one of my BOA card to the Accelerated Rewards, is it that bad??

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)


millenion wrote:

IcEWoLF wrote:

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

 

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

 

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.


I just my PC one of my BOA card to the Accelerated Rewards, is it that bad??


eh... I don't really think it's THAT bad - depends on your spend habits and whatnot.  I have the Accelerated Rewards AMEX including the FIA Fidelity AMEX and Privileges Cash Rewards.  Every TL has a purpose.  But, the Accelerated Rewards AMEX is perhaps on the low end of the rewards structure (on a points basis) compared to the others including the Travel Rewards.  Then, there's the other amenitites such as EMV chip, no FTFs, etc., that would be available for one product vs. the other.

Frequent Contributor
IcEWoLF
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎02-25-2009

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)


FinStar wrote:

millenion wrote:

IcEWoLF wrote:

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

 

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

 

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.


I just my PC one of my BOA card to the Accelerated Rewards, is it that bad??


eh... I don't really think it's THAT bad - depends on your spend habits and whatnot.  I have the Accelerated Rewards AMEX including the FIA Fidelity AMEX and Privileges Cash Rewards.  Every TL has a purpose.  But, the Accelerated Rewards AMEX is perhaps on the low end of the rewards structure (on a points basis) compared to the others including the Travel Rewards.  Then, there's the other amenitites such as EMV chip, no FTFs, etc., that would be available for one product vs. the other.


BTW the Accelerated Rewards card has no International Transaction Fees.

But I don't really need that feature since my CSP has that covered well.

 

Right now I am leaning towards the 1/2/3 cashback card. Will make a decision tomorrow on which one I decide to go with.

EQ: 750 TU: 771 EXP: 800
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 7K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 5.7K
MERRILL+® Visa Signature®: 5K | Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card: 5K
BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards: 7K
Discover IT: 8.5K | Costco AMEX: 10.7K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi ThankYou Preferred World Mastercard 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard 5K
Regular Contributor
JAY305
Posts: 204
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)


IcEWoLF wrote:

FinStar wrote:

millenion wrote:

IcEWoLF wrote:

So I am considering PC the Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card (The silver one) to a different card.

 

I haven't used this card much since I got it in 2010. Maybe less than 10-15 times.

 

I feel this card rewards system is weak compared to my Freedom and CSP or even Discover IT card.

 

Anybody have any suggestions on what I should PC this card to? I don't expect it to do better than the above 3, but I want something that has a respectable rewards system.


I just my PC one of my BOA card to the Accelerated Rewards, is it that bad??


eh... I don't really think it's THAT bad - depends on your spend habits and whatnot.  I have the Accelerated Rewards AMEX including the FIA Fidelity AMEX and Privileges Cash Rewards.  Every TL has a purpose.  But, the Accelerated Rewards AMEX is perhaps on the low end of the rewards structure (on a points basis) compared to the others including the Travel Rewards.  Then, there's the other amenitites such as EMV chip, no FTFs, etc., that would be available for one product vs. the other.


BTW the Accelerated Rewards card has no International Transaction Fees.

But I don't really need that feature since my CSP has that covered well.

 

Right now I am leaning towards the 1/2/3 cashback card. Will make a decision tomorrow on which one I decide to go with.


I opened my Accelerated Rewards card in June 2013.  I have since converted the card to the Cash Rewards card.  I didn't like the point system with the Accelerated Rewards card.  The Cash Rewards card offers between 1 - 3% cash back in addition to a bonus if you deposit the money into a BOA checking/savings account.  

 

It's strange that they don't allow the bonus if you select a statement credit. 

AMEX PRG (EMV) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature (EMV) | Citi TY Premier Visa Signature (EMV) | Discover It
Valued Member
SiouxsieSioux
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

I just did a PC to the Cash Rewards card. And I just realized that many of the Cash Rewards cards are Visa Signature. So I'm not sure if they are going to send me a Visa Signature. Anyone have an idea? I don't want it to have a negative impact on my score.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home
Regular Contributor
JAY305
Posts: 204
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

[ Edited ]

SiouxsieSioux wrote:

I just did a PC to the Cash Rewards card. And I just realized that many of the Cash Rewards cards are Visa Signature. So I'm not sure if they are going to send me a Visa Signature. Anyone have an idea? I don't want it to have a negative impact on my score.



If your CL is over 5K, it is highely likely that you will receive a Visa Signature card.  I have seen several threads that suggest that BOA will allow you to downgrade your card to the Visa Platinum Plus if requested so that your limit will report.

AMEX PRG (EMV) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature (EMV) | Citi TY Premier Visa Signature (EMV) | Discover It
Valued Member
SiouxsieSioux
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

Re: PC BoA Amex (Silver)

Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to wait and see what I get.

My Scores(10/31/13): Expedian 795, Equifax 777, TransUnion 772
My Cards from oldest to newest: BOFA Rewards (3.5K), CapOne Platinum Quicksilver (3K), US Bank Platinum (1.4K), Chase Amazon (3K), Discover It (9K), AMEX BCP (15K), Chase Freedom (8K), CSP (11.8K)
Loans: Auto, Home

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+