cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC CapOne from VentureOne to Quicksilver?

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

PC CapOne from VentureOne to Quicksilver?

About a year ago, I got a CapitalOne VentureOne card because I was planning a trip and it seemed the best no-fee, no FTF travel card for my purpose.

However, I ended up not making the trip and I soon discovered that the 1.25 miles for every dollar spent reward was nowhere near as good as it had seemed in the promo materials because that amount could only be redeemed on travel purchases and had to be redeemed in full. It couldn't be credited to a larger purchase. I like to redeem for statement credits and the VentureOne cuts the reward in half for that. &^%$#!

This card is basically useless to me but it has a big CL so I don't want to cancel it.

I've been reading a lot here about people moving up to the Quicksilver card from their starter cards. I guess CapOne would consider moving from the VentureOne to QS to be moving down or at least sideways, but I'm thinking about giving that a try. I have two questions for you experienced people.

1. Is it possible to PC from VentureOne to Quicksilver? (I did a chat with a rep whose answer didn't didn't work when I tried it on my account page.)

2. Are there any catches or drawbacks I need to look out for. I'm attracted by the 1.5 cashback and also the no-FTF just in case I do end up traveling, but if there are any tricky things about point redemption or anything else I'd like to know in advance.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
parkman
Regular Contributor

Re: PC CapOne from VentureOne to Quicksilver?

While I can't speak specifically with regards to airline miles, I can tell you that the statement credit cashback works flawlessly, regardless of how much you want to redeem. I think I have something like $0.67 in cashback that I could use right now as statement credit, no minimum at all. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 2 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Thank you, parkman. That would be good. On some of my cards it takes a long time to earn enough for a statement credit.

That reminds me of another question.

3. If I am able to PC from VentureOne to Quicksilver does anybody know what will happen to the "miles" I've got on my account? I only have about 2,000 (CORRECTED) ($20, which I can't redeem at full value anyhow) so it doesn't much matter. I just wonder.

Message 3 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

bump.

Message 4 of 10
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I'd contact the Executive Office to inquire about the upgrade. They transferred me to a special "upgrade" department when I switched my card to a Quicksilver Visa Sig. Granted, I didn't have the VentureOne, but I don't see why you couldn't switch.

Message 5 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Thanks, grinlikechelsea. :-) I'll do that if I have to. I'm hoping at this point I could do it by SM or with a regular CSR, but if that doesn't do it, I'd try the EO. Sounds as if a lot of people have gotten results that way.

After the botch on the chat line I did send an SM. Haven't heard back yet.

Message 6 of 10
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I had to go to the EO to complete this but I successfully made the conversion you seek last month.

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Thanks, grinlikechelsea. :-) I'll do that if I have to. I'm hoping at this point I could do it by SM or with a regular CSR, but if that doesn't do it, I'd try the EO. Sounds as if a lot of people have gotten results that way.

After the botch on the chat line I did send an SM. Haven't heard back yet.

As others suggested, if everything has failed via standard channels, seek the EO for assistance on the PC.  Hope it works out and keep us posted.

Message 8 of 10
northface28
Established Contributor

I tried the same thing today from a Venture to QS. Ill report back.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 9 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@northface28 wrote:
I tried the same thing today from a Venture to QS. Ill report back.

gl op and northface! i'm sure cap1 will grant your PCs...keep us posted Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.