Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Capital One or Chase Freedom

tag
92SelfMade
Contributor

PC Capital One or Chase Freedom

Im wondering if anyone has been successsful doing product change on capitall one or chase freedom card ...and if so what are the requirements or what did u have?

Also another question chase offered to close the freedom card I have and give me a slate with the same limit should I take it limit would be $5000 I would lost credit history on freedom and start new credit on slate card

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC Capital One or Chase Freedom

What's your current limit on your freedom?

What is your AAoA?

Do you want slate or they offer you slate? Slate is a bit of an underwhelming card. Best use for it is BT.

Depending on what card you really you night considering applying for and moving some if not all your credit line from the freedom.

As far as cap1 goes most people use the online chat feature and see if there are upgrade available. If that doesn't work email the EO

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

my credit line with chase is $5000 my aaoa is 1 year 9 months... I dont want to move the credit line over though because that would be a brand new card and ill lose the credit history what are the benefits of a slate

Message 3 of 16
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Slates on real benefit is that it's good balance transfer rates after 0% promo rate. Doesn't earn cash back or anything.

What are you looking for in a card?

If you want a 3-2-1 card chase amazon would fit the bill.

Travel rewards CS and CSP are your best best.

Those cards I mentioned above you you'd have to apply for, but that would hurt your AAoA.

Personally unless you have debt you want to move over to the slate card I'd stick with freedom. Request a a signature version of your Freedom for extra perks if your card isn't a signature version. Chase unlike BofAs signature cards reports a credit limit

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

cash back low apr and bt  my current chase freedom is $5000 $0 balance on it 22.9% interest rate no balance transfer offers but it has cashback

Message 5 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

bump up

Message 6 of 16
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I really don't know why you would want to PC your Freedom to a Slate. Typically, the CSP + Freedom is considered the ideal combo to get the most out of Chase's rewards. The Slate is a fine SD card to have for BTs but it gets you no rewards. If you're concerned about the apr on your freedom, I would call them and ask them to lower it. I've had luck getting CCCs to lower my apr especially if I have a long history with them. But really, if you're planning on carrying a balance, then the Freedom probably isn't the card for you. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 7 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

well i dont really care about the chase it just the apr but I really want to pc the capital onedoes any1 have experience with that card

Message 8 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Maybe i missed it what cap1 do you have now?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

Capital One Platinum Rewards is what is says 19.8% apr on it credit limit went from $500 to $750 found out about executive office them from $1000 to to $1300 to $1500 to $1600 to $2500 where it is at now Im looking for card with better apr and cashback

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.