Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Capital One or Chase Freedom

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: PC Capital One or Chase Freedom

Capital one let me PC my platinum to the Cash rewards card the week I got it. I would try the "Chat Now" option first and ask them if you can PC it, if that is a no-go, then try the EO route (provided you've treated your card well). My opinion is always try the regular CSRs first, it doesn't hurt your chances Smiley Very Happy 

Message 11 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@92SelfMade wrote:

Capital One Platinum Rewards is what is says 19.8% apr on it credit limit went from $500 to $750 found out about executive office them from $1000 to to $1300 to $1500 to $1600 to $2500 where it is at now Im looking for card with better apr and cashback

Ask them to add the 1.25% cash back and reduce APR can't hurt I have seen cases were they did it

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 16
92SelfMade
Contributor

I have eo says they cant help with apr or credit cashback becuase I already have cashback program on current card all they are good for is cli

Message 13 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@92SelfMade wrote:

I have eo says they cant help with apr or credit cashback becuase I already have cashback program on current card all they are good for is cli

Thats a bummer 

SorrySmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

I really don't know why you would want to PC your Freedom to a Slate. Typically, the CSP + Freedom is considered the ideal combo to get the most out of Chase's rewards. The Slate is a fine SD card to have for BTs but it gets you no rewards. If you're concerned about the apr on your freedom, I would call them and ask them to lower it. I've had luck getting CCCs to lower my apr especially if I have a long history with them. But really, if you're planning on carrying a balance, then the Freedom probably isn't the card for you. 

+1

Freedom is an awesome rewards card with no AF.  If you need a BT card get a slate or perhaps a Discover IT or Citi card with 0 APR for 12+ months.

Don't product change the freedom to anything but a CSP if you really travel alot and need the rewards without a HP, but in general its best to AP for new Chase cards, and move credit limits around as needed.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They might not be able to change your rewards program because you have a discontinued card. I'm sure they CAN do something, but they might have a policy of some sort. One thing I've noticed with cap1 is that you can't ask for a product change, you have to ask them to add/change your rewards program. To them, adding a rewards program, and a product change are something completely different. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.