cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Chase Slate to Freedom w/ a balance on Slate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC Chase Slate to Freedom w/ a balance on Slate?

Using Slate for a 0% BT right now.

Understanding that MMMV with a PC in the first place, just wondering if anyone has been successful doing this with a balance.

I have had Slate for 2 years, and have used the BT option a couple of times.

TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Chase Slate to Freedom w/ a balance on Slate?

I was able to PC my Freedom to a CSP with a balance without issue last week. I called in instead of SM if that makes any difference. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do a PC with a balance.  It is only when you are transferring limits that the card has t obe at a zero balance.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the info from both of you.

Just made the switch. Effortless by phone. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Question--what is PC abbreviation? Also do you know if your new card will show as a new account with a different card number etc. I would love to change my Slate into another card, but would that go against me with the 5/24 rule? The card has a limit of 4800 which is just shy of the $5K base for the signature card CSP. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Raise

PC = Product Change

The account number and "cardmember since" do not change, so 5/24 not an issue. 

(Only the 3 digit number on back will be different...if you have any auto payments, you would need to change that)

Slate to Freedom means I will not have access to free FICO score, but I get that elsewhere, so no problem for me.

No HP since just PC...if you want them to consider you for a CLI, it would be a HP.

It is my understanding, especially since you are so close to the limit for CSP and you want that, you could app for Chase Disney or Amazon, which are not included in 5/24 at this time. Then you could move some of the limit to Slate and app for CSP.

(others may want to add/correct me here)

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ Raise

PC = Product Change

The account number and "cardmember since" do not change, so 5/24 not an issue. 

(Only the 3 digit number on back will be different...if you have any auto payments, you would need to change that)

Slate to Freedom means I will not have access to free FICO score, but I get that elsewhere, so no problem for me.

No HP since just PC...if you want them to consider you for a CLI, it would be a HP.

It is my understanding, especially since you are so close to the limit for CSP and you want that, you could app for Chase Disney or Amazon, which are not included in 5/24 at this time. Then you could move some of the limit to Slate and app for CSP.

(others may want to add/correct me here)

In some cases (especially if a network change happens, with other banks) the account number MAY change with a PC, but this has no impact on your credit report, as the critical info (open date, payment history) stays the same.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.