Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Citi Dividend to DC

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

PC Citi Dividend to DC

My Dividend card just turned a year old. I'd rather have DC and apparently that's what most cardholders have switched to. For those who have done this I have a few questions.

1. Does the card need to be 12 or 13 months old to PC?

2. Will the VISA be retained or will it convert to MC?

3. Will the TL history be maintained if it does convert to MC?

4. Does Citi offer a WMC version of DC and what's the min. limit? (I'm currently at $4700)

5. Did your Dividend rewards convert to the DC rewards?

6. Has anyone PC'd their Dividend to something else like TYPreferred?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Citi Dividend to DC

@FICOEmpire wrote:

My Dividend card just turned a year old. I'd rather have DC and apparently that's what most cardholders have switched to. For those who have done this I have a few questions.

4. Does Citi offer a WMC version of DC and what's the min. limit? (I'm currently at $4700)

Thanks.

1. No idea. I had had the card for more than 2 years when I PC'ed.

2. Can't say. My Dividend was also a Mastercard.

3. Yes.

4. I think they are all WMC versions, regardless of what the card actually says.

5. No. The rep was clear about it. Wait till you have enough to redeem on your Dividend, request a check, and then PC. Otherwise you forfeit your Dividend rewards.

Message 2 of 8
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I will wait a while longer as I'm close to that $50 redemption.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a PC last September with about $30 in Dividends and was able to carry over to the Double Cash. They told me because it was still cash that it would be fine.

Message 4 of 8
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I'll contact Citi to discuss the conversion.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FICOEmpire wrote:

1. Does the card need to be 12 or 13 months old to PC?  Typically, 12~ months.  If there are any existing (intro) 0% APR promotions, those need to expire before a PC can occur.

2. Will the VISA be retained or will it convert to MC?  It will convert to MC.  Currently, Double Cash is not issued as Visa

3. Will the TL history be maintained if it does convert to MC?  Yes, history is preserved but your account # will change.

4. Does Citi offer a WMC version of DC and what's the min. limit? (I'm currently at $4700).  Yes, Double Cash is issued as MC, WMC or WEMC.  It will depend on your account's history, product code that will determine which tier you will PC to.  You will not have the option to select the tier.

5. Did your Dividend rewards convert to the DC rewards?  Yes.

6. Has anyone PC'd their Dividend to something else like TYPreferred?  Some individuals have PC'd to TY Preferred, but it depends if your current Dividend card is eligible to PC to that product.  Be sure to evaluate which product makes more sense and provides a better value in the long run.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a PC last September with about $30 in Dividends and was able to carry over to the Double Cash. They told me because it was still cash that it would be fine.

Interesting. I converted within days of the conversion being available, and the rep I spoke to it couldn't be done. I guess they changed their mind. Good to know.

Message 7 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

Thanks.

1. No idea. I had had the card for more than 2 years when I PC'ed.

2. Can't say. My Dividend was also a Mastercard.

3. Yes.

4. I think they are all WMC versions, regardless of what the card actually says.

5. No. The rep was clear about it. Wait till you have enough to redeem on your Dividend, request a check, and then PC. Otherwise you forfeit your Dividend rewards.

Not sure what that means.   When I PC'd I was told (in a letter confirming the PC) that my card no longer had flexible spending (the card I was PCing from did) and that is reflected in the CR.   So what would it mean to really be World card?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.