cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Discover to Discover IT? Experiences?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

PC Discover to Discover IT? Experiences?

When Discover came out with the IT several forum members product changed their regular Discover to the IT. Can anyone give me input as to whether there were any problems in the process?

Did the original date remain the same as the original Discover card?

Any downside to doing this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Discover to Discover IT? Experiences?

PCed from More to It. Took about five minutes. Kept same account number and same history. Smooth, friendly process. No HP, no hard questions to answer.

It was virtually an automatic process and the only reason it couldn't have been an automated one is that they wanted to make sure an actual person was there to answer all of our questions and explain the new terms.

Message 2 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I did it over an online chat! Easiest thing ever!
I had a Motiva!
Everything the same, including my 15 mos 0% on bts and prchases.
Except now I get 5% cashback baby!!!
And all of those other awesome benefits!!!
Credit line stayed the same- said it wouldnt affect my elgibility in any way for a cli.
No credir check.
Csr said it was only a "rewards program change" so that's good!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the input. I see no reason not to do it.

Message 4 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Jazzzy wrote:

Thanks for the input. I see no reason not to do it.

As the others have said, very simple process, Discover CSR's are there to make it as painless as possible. 

As a side note, if you want to get a different design IT card, you can do that as well.  Should be able to tell the CSR which design you'd like, or once you get the IT card, you can go in to your account and "re-design" IT!  

Message 5 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

Accomplished with a single phone call--very easy to do.

The ones prefer not to often cite:  prefer old card design; only use 5% rotating, so won't or don't need 1%; keep ability to product change (to the Miles card, I suppose); won't or don't need the ability for a late payment forgiveness or over the limit mulligan.

I see no reason not to change.  Even if I never use the 1%, it's still better than having 25 bps on the first $3,000.  Or, even if I never pay late or plan to exceed my limit, what's the harm in having the feature?  I wouldn't pay a fee for it, but it's free.

The ability to product change would be valuable for Amex, Chase, Citi, Barclays, BofA, or even Cap One.  But, Discover has one other product--the Miles card.  Aside from paid referrals, I've never seen anyone tout this as a viable travel card.

Message 6 of 10
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Took me five minutes over online chat. The only annoying thing for me was that I had to keep refreshing the, "Contact Us," page because their agents were always so busy, Smiley Very Happy.

Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha I had to do the same GMC!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I did the same as Gunmar, More to It but for me they closed out the More and the It was a completely new card number, history, rewards, ETC. I wanted to to do a CLI after I got the It but they said I had to wait 6 months and I said I had my More for two years; they said it was a different card

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 9 of 10
TJtheDJ

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I did it over an online chat! Easiest thing ever!
I had a Motiva!
Everything the same, including my 15 mos 0% on bts and prchases.
Except now I get 5% cashback baby!!!
And all of those other awesome benefits!!!
Credit line stayed the same- said it wouldnt affect my elgibility in any way for a cli.
No credir check.
Csr said it was only a "rewards program change" so that's good!

Read this, then tried to PC from Motiva to IT as well. I ended up with the exact same experience. The process took about 5 minutes and I am really impressed with how simple it was.

hr>Starting Score: 600
Current Score: Transunion: 715 (pulled 3/2013)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.