Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Freedom to CSP

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

PC Freedom to CSP

Since my Freedom and the Discover IT tends to offer the 5% rotating, I put in a secure message to chase to see if I could get either a PC to the CSP or a Sig version of the freedom

Message comes back saying they can't do a PC to the CSP, I will have to apply for the CSP. I replied on Signature it is.

Hours later I get a call from Chase telling me that my Freedom is now a CSP and they will be expediting the card for me with AF waived for the first year.

I was speechless but thanked them. So I guess I now have a CSP; same account number but at least it's a Visa Sig.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Freedom to CSP

How long have you had your freedom?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 26
bribro
Valued Contributor

Why not apply for a CSP to get the 40,000 UR points sign up bonus? Maybe secure message them and ask about it.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 26
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

I'm interested in this as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 26
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card and the waived AF!

Message 7 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Why not apply for a CSP to get the 40,000 UR points sign up bonus? Maybe secure message them and ask about it.

I didn't want a hard inq. I'm tryign to avoid those Smiley Happy

I asked them about the 40K UR and they said since it was a PC and not a brand new application, this ofer could not be extended to me. Not a big deal though

Message 8 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

I'm interested in this as well.

About 17 months

Message 9 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks it was unexpected. I was hoping at least to PC to a Sig Freedom.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.