Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Freedom to CSP

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PC Freedom to CSP

@MrDisco99 wrote:
Correct, you WILL NOT get the bonus if you PC from a Freedom card. You must apply for it new.

If you are under 5/24 I would highly recommend you apply for it new rather than PC for that reason. The 50K UR points bonus is worth minimum $500 cash and potentially lots more on the travel portal or transferred to airlines.

Right.   The major reason for PCing to CSP/CSR is when you are not able to ado a new app for it  (usually because you are above 5/24 with no in branch offers) and you really can use the benefits of the card NOW rather than waiting for accounts to age out.  In almost all other cases, better to do a new app when you can, as the bonuses are large.

Message 11 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Freedom to CSP

An easy rule of thumb is "always apply for the highest tier card and PC to a lower tier card."  If I had no Chase cards, I would apply for the CSR, PC to the CSP a year later, then PC to the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited the following year.  Never the reverse order.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.